Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Kick *** quilts!!
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Posts
    3

    Boone topper bug net

    Does anyone have any experience with the Boone topper bugnet? I've emailed with the company and they were very friendly but cautioned me that their net may not work with other hammocks than their own. I'm in love with the low weight and simplicity of it almost enough to give it a try, but was hoping to hear some people's experiences with it.
    This is most first post as a long time lurker btw. You all are great!

  2. #2
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,655
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by HikingHokie View Post
    I'm in love with the low weight and simplicity of it almost enough to give it a try, but was hoping to hear some people's experiences with it.
    And how much does it weigh? They don't list the weight on their website.

    I see they also sell a bottom-entry bugnet that is 7 ounces. Personally, I've been using the Fronkey bugnets sold by Buttinasling for the last five years. Dutch also sells a Fronkey bugnet. I have one Buginator (8.8 ounces, though Derek says it's 6 ounces) and two NanoBuginator (7 ounces) bugnets. Here's Derek's review:

    http://theultimatehang.com/2013/09/0...ug-net-review/

    The Buttinasling link to NanoBuginator:

    http://buttinasling.com/bbu.html

    And Buginator:

    http://buttinasling.com/buginator.html

    And Dutch's version of the Fronkey bugnet, listed at 7 ounces for a bugnet to be used with an 11 ft. hammock:

    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bottom-entry-bugnet/

    I would personally be inclined to go with either the Buttinasling or the Dutch Fronkey bugnet simply because they sell more, they've been around longer, and you know what you're getting.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #3
    Otter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema/Poly
    Posts
    2,250
    It will work fine. Due to its smaller size, the Topper may be more finicky to use optimally than the Fronkey style. Once dialed in though, I think it will work well. Purely guessing though.

    I say go for it, try it, and sell it here if it doesn't work out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ShortRound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Virginia Is For Lovers
    Hammock
    Dwg Chameleon / Dwg Netless
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld / Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dwg / Sheltowee
    Posts
    409
    Images
    44
    I have a like new Sheltowee half shell 11’ hammock with integrated bug net , burnt orange hexon 1.0 that I’m about to sell . It’s a beautiful hammock , but too much hammock for my bike packing pursuits ( i use a 9’ hammock now)
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Kick *** quilts!!
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    And how much does it weigh? They don't list the weight on their website.

    I see they also sell a bottom-entry bugnet that is 7 ounces. Personally, I've been using the Fronkey bugnets sold by Buttinasling for the last five years. Dutch also sells a Fronkey bugnet. I have one Buginator (8.8 ounces, though Derek says it's 6 ounces) and two NanoBuginator (7 ounces) bugnets. Here's Derek's review:

    http://theultimatehang.com/2013/09/0...ug-net-review/

    The Buttinasling link to NanoBuginator:

    http://buttinasling.com/bbu.html

    And Buginator:

    http://buttinasling.com/buginator.html

    And Dutch's version of the Fronkey bugnet, listed at 7 ounces for a bugnet to be used with an 11 ft. hammock:

    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bottom-entry-bugnet/

    I would personally be inclined to go with either the Buttinasling or the Dutch Fronkey bugnet simply because they sell more, they've been around longer, and you know what you're getting.
    Per my emails with them it comes in at 4 ounces which is pretty unreal! The fronkey style and arrowheads half bugnet are also on my radar if this doesn't work out,

  6. #6
    Senior Member ShellHammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central KY
    Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by HikingHokie View Post
    Per my emails with them it comes in at 4 ounces which is pretty unreal! The fronkey style and arrowheads half bugnet are also on my radar if this doesn't work out,
    I'm happy to hear (via email) that this worked splendely for you.

    FWIW, we've been around longer than BIAS (are they still fulfilling orders?) launching in 2014.

    I know there's lots of info missing from the site, but it helps keep our lead times down and ensures we consistently deliver quality products to folks who take the time to reach out to us; admittedly loosing lots of sales from those who would rather not dig for information.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    -Alex

    Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

    Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Bug Net: Sheltowee Boone Topper
    By bwhntMT in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 21:59
  2. mattress topper as pad?
    By arina83 in forum Pads
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2016, 06:49
  3. FS: Sheltowee Boone 20 Insulated Hammock W/2oz OVERFILL and Topper bug net!
    By bigfoot2 in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 14:25
  4. Sheltowee Boone Nano Topper
    By BCoop in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 03:39

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •