Bonefire Whisper or no net
    Tarp
    Toxaway or asym
    Insulation
    Down/Apex UQs
    Suspension
    Ultimate straps
    Images
    Well, just FYI if you’ve already changed the order...

For my first hammock quilt, I started out with wide only to find out how much extra material was laying around in my hammock that wasn’t really insulating me. Yes, in that regard there is less fiddle factor when you’re turning, but since I do a lot less of that in a hammock, it was just too much for me. I find the 52” of my LocoLibre good for colder weather, but the 48” summer quilt with tuck wings is very sufficient for mild weather.

Frankly, since the “wide” part of a wide quilt is mainly used to tuck in the sides, it obviously doesn’t insulate, so I don’t know why more makes don’t use uninsulated material to use for tucking. But with your UQ going up the sides in a hammock, there’s really less need to tuck at all and just let it lay like a blanket at home. One of the things I like most about hanging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    redkyte510 - because you asked, "... how to make ..." this might be moved to the DIY forum. Repurposing a sleeping bags is easy - only zip up about 2.5 feet from the end to create a footbox and use it as a top quilt. Keep in mind that you will get very little warmth from underneath if you use it as a regular bag because you will be compressing the insulation on the bottom by sleeping on it. It is warm in a tent because you usually have a pad under you to prevent heat loss via conduction. In a hammock, your heat loss is via convection - the air moving under the hammock. A sleeping bag in the conventional manner in a hammock has the potential of keeping you warmer than a top quilt because the sides are always tucked it. But the downside is it being more difficult to get in and out of. Using a sleeping bag as a top quilt does not provide the advantages of lighter weight (because of less material and no zipper) that you'd get from a top quilt. And discussions about removing the existing zipper and stitching things up are in the DIY world - out of my realm.

Hammock
    DD Frontline MC
    Tarp
    DD 3x3 MC
    Insulation
    DD underblanket
    Suspension
    Paracord
    Cougarmeat - thanks for the reply. I will ping this across to there. I have used a synthetic sleeping bag and underquilt combination down to -15degC but am curious as to the employability of the Pod/Burrow idea.