Hammock
    Amok dramur xl
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    Fjol xl pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles

Sierra Madre puffle or ripstop by the roll front county diy kit?

So I am about to spring for my first tq/ couch blanket. I am patiently awaiting my new amok xl and starting to get some things together. I am in the market for a 2-3 season top quilt. Want something I can take in the amok, take in the car in road trips or just loaf around the house on the couch with. Currently I have an army inner bag that I just unzip. Being a stomac/side sleeper, the whole footbox thing bothers me. I like to spread about Weight is of no concern to me and 40deg would probably be my cutoff limit as far as camping goes. At 109$ for the puffle with a free pillow I am strongly leaning that way due to the flexibility and price being comparable and I don’t have to make it myself. Can anyone think of anything I am overlooking or any further considerations I need to make before I make my purchase?

Images
    Looks to me like they are $129 for synthetic or $189 for down, but I didn't look anywhere beyond their own site for better deals.

Their product might be a little bit warmer than a Costco Down Throw, but with the CDT, you can get 2 of them for a fraction of the price of the SMR blanket. The SMR has a few extra features without having to DIY anything, but based on your requirements it sounded like you were just going to use it as a blanket, so those extra features are moot.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Have you considered the Costco down throw? It will not get you to 40 but two of them may and they are less expensive than your current mentioned quilt.

Hammock
    Amok dramur xl
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    Fjol xl pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I the price was on a Facebook post they made on Wednesday that takes you to their page for the deal. I don’t have a Costco local to me either. Once you buy the tools and snaps is the costs still cheaper?

Images
    If you know someone with a Costco membership, you could ask them to buy the throws online and ship them to your address. They are currently 2 for $40.
    https://www.costco.com/Double-Black-...100314979.html

In your original post, it sounded like your intention is just to use it as a blanket, so no modifications needed for that. If you want to add snaps, a KAM snap tool with starter kit of snaps is usually less than $25 on Amazon. Still quite a lot of savings over the SMR blanket.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 0* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I keep a few of the Costco down throws around for extra warmth when car camping and for general house use - really tough to beat the quality for the price. Not saying you should go that way, but if you do - they are nice.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by 11x View Post
    So I am about to spring for my first tq/ couch blanket. I am patiently awaiting my new amok xl
    this is how I roll with my amok

I also do not like my feet confined, but I'm a fan of spending as little as I need to

if you can sew a straight line, the costco down throws pair fantastic with the Draumr

rather than fashion a real footbox, I just sew it flat, so that there's still a fair bit of room for the feet to spread out

I actually like to bunch the fabric around each foot, so there's no bare skin touching at all

at 20-25 bucks each, and simple sewing, it's a no brainer to me

if you can't sew, a $15 kam snap kit is easy too, especially since all you're doing is 2 straight rows (across the bottom, then a bit up the back)

either way you're miles ahead of anything you can buy

I've gotten 2 years out of my set, and there's no reason I won't get at least 1 more year

i don't consider SMR a cottage vendor so I would rather make a costco throw work or spend a bit more and get something made in the USA. warbonnet has the prototype diamondback 40 degree quilt for $200. hammock gear has the econ buro 40 degree with a zip footbox for 129.95. Just my opinion
    www.3drcparts.com my company

• + New Posts