Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    It's funny seeing a minor 'grammar debate' moment on this.

Tis a maked up werd, by a maked up character pontificating in a loosely constricated die-lect that Shug of the third parson borrows from another character he maked up.
    All while espousing the joytrification ta be had when eatin porridge and drinking unpunounchable eyetalian caffe from a butt sling when its early. Early. All whilst lying all secure like in sector seven.

Meantime Karl Childers looks on with firm admiration and simple gruff exclamation at the deep beauty to be found in the transition from liquid to a gaseous state.
    Whilst our old friend Mr. Emery quietly sits in the background someplace passing his own gas and fondly recalling lying around with these old friends fer many a year; yet mourning the passing of good ol green bean.

Course Samuel Langhorne Clemens made himself a fair bit o scratch by means of curfully and quite accurately putten to paper a particular characters unique accent or regional dialect... so carry on with the spelling debate.

so last night I set my hammock with the foot end 6" higher than my head, in the morning I had slide down the hammock, but I can't say I was uncomfortable, I slept well. I'm in a SLD 70" wide hammock with a 110" ridge line, wonder if the wider hammock and the ridgeline just has too great of a sag? going to try 12" higher tonight
    www.3drcparts.com my company

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    By morning I might be curled in a fetal position in the middle of the hammock. It is not unnatural. If you were comfortable, it's good. There is no rule that it has to look/be a certain way ... unless there is someone around with a camera, then you want it picture perfect - 30 degrees off the tree, foot end 6 inches higher than dead level on the ridge line, hammock bottom chair height from the ground, slight body angle with leg/foot in loose Vriksasana (Tree pose) position (maybe camp pillow under the knee).

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I once made the mistake of having my head end too high and kept slipping downhill but I was just too exhausted to do much more than just lay there and go back to sleep.After that,I started using a plastic carpenter's line level which hardly weighs anything.I get the hammock level and then raise the foot end until there's a half to full bubble off.Note-if you raise the foot end too high everything on your ridge line wants to slide toward your face.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    UCR/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by boca1 View Post
    so last night I set my hammock with the foot end 6" higher than my head, in the morning I had slide down the hammock, but I can't say I was uncomfortable, I slept well. I'm in a SLD 70" wide hammock with a 110" ridge line, wonder if the wider hammock and the ridgeline just has too great of a sag? going to try 12" higher tonight
    Keep experimenting - that's the key.

Don't know what model SLD hammock you have. In my Trail Lair 11-foot standard width I eyeball the angle - head and foot ends about level works well for me. Flat lay, very comfortable, little or no sliding during the night.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    It's funny seeing a minor 'grammar debate' moment on this.

Tis a maked up werd, by a maked up character pontificating in a loosely constricated die-lect that Shug of the third parson borrows from another character he maked up.
    All while espousing the joytrification ta be had when eatin porridge and drinking unpunounchable eyetalian caffe from a butt sling when its early. Early. All whilst lying all secure like in sector seven.

Meantime Karl Childers looks on with firm admiration and simple gruff exclamation at the deep beauty to be found in the transition from liquid to a gaseous state.
    Whilst our old friend Mr. Emery quietly sits in the background someplace passing his own gas and fondly recalling lying around with these old friends fer many a year; yet mourning the passing of good ol green bean.

Course Samuel Langhorne Clemens made himself a fair bit o scratch by means of curfully and quite accurately putten to paper a particular characters unique accent or regional dialect... so carry on with the spelling debate.
    Now that did make me grin>>>>>>
    Mr. Emery
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

I tried foot end 12" higher last night and although it mostly kept me from sliding down, I woke up with a stiff neck, going to keep experimenting, I have short thermarest pad I want to try as well
    www.3drcparts.com my company

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like the head end a few inches higher and I embrace the slide to the middle It puts my body on the widest part of the hammock and I just bend my left knee a bit. Works for me anyway.

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    I currently have a 9' hammock, (I'm hopeful to be gifted a Hammock Gear Netted hammock for Christmas ) so there's not much room for error. A couple nights ago, I hung between two trees that were almost too sloped from one another, at least for the direction I chose. I put the foot end as high as I could reach. While I slept, I slid uncomfortably to the foot end. Twice during the night, I lowered the head end, and ended up with the hammock near the ground.

It was all a good lesson in choosing trees, choosing head/foot direction and being sure to get my foot end above my head end, somewhere between 6 and 12 inches higher.

Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by boca1 View Post
    I tried foot end 12" higher last night and although it mostly kept me from sliding down, I woke up with a stiff neck
    When sleeping on my back on a bed I prefer a very minimal pillow. I'm even happy with no pillow.

When sleeping in a hammock, if I put the foot-end 12" higher it forces my head into the higher, "tighter" part of the hammock, with too much support. It's like sleeping on a bed with a too-tall pillow. To get my preferred feeling of my head laying back with little support, I need a hammock that's more-or-less level. Maybe the foot-end a few inches higher. No more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast