Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1.4 polyD vs 1.6 hexon hammock

Hey all,

I’m looking to get either the HG 1.4 polyD net less hammock or the Dutch 1.6 hexon net less hammock... Thoughts from anyone who has had both? I’m 198lb. 5.6 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I really prefer the feel of the polyester PolyD 1.4, but I also have a 1.6 Hexon and it's comfortable too. Since the HG PolyD 1.4 is $29.99 and Dutch's 1.6 Hexon is $42, that makes it an easy decision for me (I'll take the cheaper).

However, if you want more color variety and don't mind paying an extra $12, then go for Dutch's netless hammocks.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I really prefer the feel of the polyester PolyD 1.4, but I also have a 1.6 Hexon and it's comfortable too. Since the HG PolyD 1.4 is $29.99 and Dutch's 1.6 Hexon is $42, that makes it an easy decision for me (I'll take the cheaper).

However, if you want more color variety and don't mind paying an extra $12, then go for Dutch's netless hammocks.
    The woodland camo is what was pulling me to Dutch but now I’m going to go with my first choice which was the HG 1.4. I just wanted to hear from someone that tried both. Thank you!

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hyper D
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ + TQ
    Images
    Don’t forget to take into account shipping cost. As much as I like the thought of a Hammock Gear PolyD hammock, I’m not quite ready to pay $12 shipping for something that weighs less than a pound. That’s almost 50% of the cost of the hammock. Not sure what other’s shipping rates are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeneone View Post
    Hey all,

I’m looking to get either the HG 1.4 polyD net less hammock or the Dutch 1.6 hexon net less hammock... Thoughts from anyone who has had both? I’m 198lb. 5.6 feet.

I've got both, I prefer the 1.4 poly D much more than the hexon 1.6

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vagab0nd1 View Post
    Don’t forget to take into account shipping cost. As much as I like the thought of a Hammock Gear PolyD hammock, I’m not quite ready to pay $12 shipping for something that weighs less than a pound. That’s almost 50% of the cost of the hammock. Not sure what other’s shipping rates are.
    I doubt seriously that shipping estimate is accurate. Dutch's shipping estimate tool used to also provide humorous results.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hyper D
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ + TQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I doubt seriously that shipping estimate is accurate. Dutch's shipping estimate tool used to also provide humorous results.
    I’ve tried multiple times all the way to pressing the final checkout button and continue to get the same results. If it’s an error with their system, that’s what’s preventing me from pulling the trigger on a separate order. I may just reach out and see if they can add one to my current quilt order and not charge the additional shipping.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I’ve tried multiple times all the way to pressing the final checkout button and continue to get the same results. If it’s an error with their system, that’s what’s preventing me from pulling the trigger on a separate order. I may just reach out and see if they can add one to my current quilt order and not charge the additional shipping.
    As mentioned before, Dutch's system also used to provide outrageous shipping costs which were not accurate. Dutch would add the actual shipping cost to the order, and refund the rest, as I recall. I don't know what Dutch did to correct the problem, but a Hexon 1.6 netless hammock currently shows a USPS shipping cost of $5.60. I suspect it is hard to get an actual shipping estimate from USPS or any other shipping company. I don't think you have to worry about HG charging you $12 shipping for a 9.5 ounce hammock.

The order is in for HG hammock and I also ordered the whoopie hook suspension (minus the tree huggers because I have plenty) from Dutch. I can’t wait to try them out! Thanks again for everyone sharing their experiences!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I may just reach out and see if they can add one to my current quilt order and not charge the additional shipping.
    if you are not in a hurry for the hammock I'm sure they would do this
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast