Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Trout fishing and hammock hang in Southwest Virginia

Just an idea to see if there is any interest. The place I have in mind is a private trout stream. Haven't been in a few years, but they even had a small cabin you could rent for the weekend if it gets to cold. Was thinking of late February.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Familyman13 View Post
    Just an idea to see if there is any interest.
    I've been trying to talk up a kayak fishing and hammock trip since last year. I know at least 2 people that would be interested. I would assume this would be river/creek walking and not so much a lake/float type of fishing but I would be up for it. Where in VA are you talking about? I'm in central NC but I can travel. I have not fished for trout in 25 years but it sounds like a blast.
    Got time to breath, you got time for music - Brisco Darlin

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPlayer View Post
    I've been trying to talk up a kayak fishing and hammock trip since last year. I know at least 2 people that would be interested. I would assume this would be river/creek walking and not so much a lake/float type of fishing but I would be up for it.
    I'd definitely be interested in a kayak/fishing/hammock trip. Tried 2017 on Shenandoah, but the water level was so low we'd paddle for 100' and drag the boats for 50'.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridge runner
    Tarp
    Journey 12’
    Insulation
    JRB 0* Top/Bottom
    I am interested depending on when and where. The sooner I know the better. And I would be interested in a paddle and fishing trip also.

As far as the stream goes, it's a spring fed Creek with lots of rocks and pools. The location is roughly 15 minutes from Abingdon va. I will plan to go by there this coming weekend and check availability. If I remember correctly, no fishing license is needed because it's a pay stream. You only pay for fish you keep. I usually catch and release, but may keep a few for a meal. I'll let everyone know what they say and availability.
    Side note... I'm looking at buying a kayak this spring and if that works out I'll be in for a float trip for sure.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide , WB Sock, BIASbuginato
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    BeetleB & K straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Familyman13 View Post
    Just an idea to see if there is any interest. The place I have in mind is a private trout stream. Haven't been in a few years, but they even had a small cabin you could rent for the weekend if it gets to cold. Was thinking of late February.
    While not really floatable, they do regular trout released at Citico Wilderness(TN/NC border). Hatchery is just down the mountain
    It is rough country(fun backpacking), but the creeks are amazing. Some rentals in the area also, but the creekside hangs are hard to pass up.

Hey Family Man! I’m in Abingdon,Va and would be interested in a outing. I’d also love some places anyone knows of that would be available for camping and/or bushcrafting.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Fishing and hammocking.......... If I was to ride the motorcycle down it would be the perfect trifecta of hobbies!
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

I might be interested if my hammock and UQ and TQ come in by then. I'm up in Augusta County VA.

Sounds like there is enough interest. Like I posted earlier, I will go by the location this weekend and get all the details and lock down a date. We can call it the first ever frozen butt and feet hang. Last time I was there is accessible for trucks so pack load should not be an issue. I'll take some pics for you all to see as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast