Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Netless + Bottom Entry net
    Tarp
    Rectangle
    Quote Originally Posted by 2eez4life View Post
    I'm game for winter hangs. I just got back from this weekend spent in the Uintas. We snowmobiled into the scout lake 3 sided cabins and stayed the night and had a lot of fun on snowboards and sleds the next day. Temps only got down to 14 deg. F. I was anticipating the worst and was equipped with enough gear to survive well below freezing. The cabin really made a big difference in terms of blocking wind, providing a place to put gear and in general just hang out under the lantern and play some cards. Man oh man were the stars good out there as well. Felt like we were the only ones in the whole world out there.
    Sounds like a blast. There's not much that can top the serenity of a crisp winter night in the woods.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Asyn Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    If it was later in the year (summer) I maybe game for a quick meet up informal group hang. I haven't been one for cold weather camping nor do I have the gear for that, sorry. It looks like there is a few of us that a summer hang may be fun.
    Last edited by TheXringHunt; 01-09-2019 at 15:53.
    TheXringHunt

Hammock
    Tarp
    Rectangle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXringHunt View Post
    If it was later in the year (summer) I may be game for a quick meet up informal group hang. I haven't been one for cold weather camping nor do I have the gear for that, sorry. It looks like there is a few of us that a summer hang may be fun.
    I like summer hanging as well. I plan on doing more trips all year long. There's getting to be enough of us Utahns (and neighbors) around here that we should try and hang out together (pun intended).

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Asyn Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by jabraso View Post
    I like summer hanging as well. I plan on doing more trips all year long. There's getting to be enough of us Utahns (and neighbors) around here that we should try and hang out together (pun intended).
    Very true. When I got into hammocking 18 years ago there wasn't much out here in Utah and I was pretty much on my own to learn this stuff. Guess that is one reason I put this adventure on the shelf for several years. Now its a ton different and I feel like I am relearning this all over again. Yes, lets start thinking and planning a date and place.
    TheXringHunt

Hammock
    Tarp
    Rectangle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXringHunt View Post
    Very true. When I got into hammocking 18 years ago there wasn't much out here in Utah and I was pretty much on my own to learn this stuff. Guess that is one reason I put this adventure on the shelf for several years. Now its a ton different and I feel like I am relearning this all over again. Yes, let's start thinking and planning a date and place.
    I don't know of any other active HF members in Cache Valley, the majority seem to be in Salt Lake or Utah County, so somewhere around there would be closer to more people. However, I'm not familiar with trails or campgrounds there so I'm not much help planning wise.

It would be good to start a new thread about future warm weather hangs, this thread was meant to discuss Utah winter trips.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Asyn Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I don't know of any other active HF members in Cache Valley, the majority seem to be in Salt Lake or Utah County, so somewhere around there would be closer to more people. However, I'm not familiar with trails or campgrounds there so I'm not much help planning wise.
    Let me do some thinking and I'll try and pull out some of my maps before suggesting anywhere.

It would be good to start a new thread about future warm weather hangs, this thread was meant to discuss Utah winter trips.
    That would be wise since I wasn't planning on hijacking this thread.
    TheXringHunt

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12