Thread: Nemo Cloudview?

Hammock
    DIY 11' 2.2 oz HEX70
    Insulation
    SLD TrailWinder UQ

Nemo Cloudview?

Hi!

Has anyone here used one of these beasts to sleep in when car camping? I did a search on this forum for the and only got a few hits, but no one talking about actually using it.

I got one as a gift and although it's designed as a lounger I thought maybe it could be a decent sleeper when weight doesn't matter. Obviously it's not marketed towards most of the folks on this forum but I'm curious if anyone has taken it for a test drive. I know pdxhanger made a DIY hammock incorporating elements of this and the PBH but has anyone used the original 5+ pound (and apparently now discontinued) version?

I only have GE hammock experience so I don't know how the Cloudview would compare to other bridge hammocks in terms of lay or if the different spreader configuration would make things weird. You'd definitely have to hang the foot end higher to get something reasonably flat.

And if any of you have one of these, have you done any mods? Swapped out the strap suspension for amsteel or anything? Maybe it's not even worth modding, I don't know.

I welcome any thoughts or experience anyone may be willing to share!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    they don't even market it as something to sleep in, but rather as a recliner/lounger

and i'm sure it's just fine for that

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    they don't even market it as something to sleep in, but rather as a recliner/lounger
    and i'm sure it's just fine for that
    You are correct.

Nemo bridge hammock as they say but meant as patio furniture. Calling this a hammock is correct sold as a lounger. Now to the original question car camping works just fine the material is not fabric but more heavy duty mesh with

little give. Weight was/is the factor only relative to some. Derek Hanson (Ultimate Hang) did a review on this type of hammock.

What is different added carbon fiber poles head and foot, removed the webbing above the connector adding dog bones. This was mentioned as the additional
    weight factor dropping down to say 3lbs. Using the 2QZQ under quilt protector the one that support pads for my Klymit insulated wide. The feel inside the hammock is more heavy duty mesh so I use BA memory foam pad if needed. Or just leave as is on the patio, backyard etc. as I'm hearing folks enjoy this hammock as is meant to be.

Currently Nemo updated to a lighter weight version have not seen one. Looks like there attempt was to remove fabric and change the suspension.

Overall use mostly spring/fall weather the mesh fabric provides some nice air flow. Could use in winter if needed. The cost has dropped from there original price I suspect in time these will be a memory.

Nice view
    nemo1.jpg
    nemol2.jpg
    Pad
    b4.jpg
    20 degrees of warmth
    image1.JPG
    Nice and comfy
    Socal.jpg
    Meadows
    f.JPG
    Even in a tent
    20181103_085513_resized_1.jpg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 01-09-2019 at 09:09.

Hammock
    DIY 11' 2.2 oz HEX70
    Insulation
    SLD TrailWinder UQ
    Thanks for the info! Seeing it in action (as a place to sleep when weight isn't a factor) makes me think it's worth a try. I'll do some trials and see if I like it. And if all else fails, I can set it up as as it was intended.

Cheers!

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I've got about 60 nights in a Cloudview sleeping indoors since my other bridge got kind of worn out.

It's made with the head end higher so you can look around easily when outside so the foot end needs to be raised quite a bit to get a flat lay without sliding down during the night.

I also use a BA memory foam pad in it with a down underquilt.

Hammock
    DIY 11' 2.2 oz HEX70
    Insulation
    SLD TrailWinder UQ
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

• + New Posts