ENO sub 6 hammock

Hey anyone own this hammock? I was at REI and was looking over the hammocks when I stumbled across this little guy. I was surprised by how small and light it was and even more surprised with its 300 lb rating so I got one along with the Helio suspension system. I must say I was a bit skeptical but boy was I surprised. The size and weight of this hammock makes it possible to carry in a front pocket! Im 6'1" 225 lbs so Im no lightweight but the hammock held up nice.

I did some research but it seems this hammock is fairly new so not too many reviews on the durability. No worries for me as I am a REI member so I should be good for a year but am curious to see anyone else's experience with this hammock. I haven't found a lighter hammock yet. However, I am going to return the Helio suspension and get whoopies and straps from Dutch as the Helio doesn't seem too safe with a 4" burry.

Disclaimer: I have a proper Warbonnet BB XLC rig for overnights and this hammock is just for day use or to keep in an edc/bike bag.

Hammock
    HG
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG/AGGTQ SLDUQ/UQP
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiderwhoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by Djrichone View Post
    Hey anyone own this hammock? I was at REI and was looking over the hammocks when I stumbled across this little guy. I was surprised by how small and light it was and even more surprised with its 300 lb rating so I got one along with the Helio suspension system. I must say I was a bit skeptical but boy was I surprised. The size and weight of this hammock makes it possible to carry in a front pocket! Im 6'1" 225 lbs so Im no lightweight but the hammock held up nice.

I did some research but it seems this hammock is fairly new so not too many reviews on the durability. No worries for me as I am a REI member so I should be good for a year but am curious to see anyone else's experience with this hammock. I haven't found a lighter hammock yet. However, I am going to return the Helio suspension and get whoopies and straps from Dutch as the Helio doesn't seem too safe with a 4" burry.

Disclaimer: I have a proper Warbonnet BB XLC rig for overnights and this hammock is just for day use or to keep in an edc/bike bag.
    I'm about the same dimensions height and weight. I found the Eno to be too small both widthwise and lengthwise. Tried it a few times and then bought an 11 foot hammock. I haven't gone back to the Eno.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I'm about the same dimensions height and weight. I found the Eno to be too small both widthwise and lengthwise. Tried it a few times and then bought an 11 foot hammock. I haven't gone back to the Eno.
    Yeah but how big and heavy is it? I just took a nice nap in mine. My Blackbird can go convertible and is 11ft but like I said it’s more for its small size and weight. I thinks it serves its purpose for a day in the park or for a quick stop at a park during a bike ride. At least so far.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    ENOs are always too short for my tastes, and this one is short as well (8 ft. 9 inches). But 3 ft. and 11 inches wide? That's just ridiculous. No thanks!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Eno SuperSub
    Suspension
    Eno Heliox XL
    I own a Super Sub which is the double sub 6 . I am 6ft 255 pounds. I use it with the Helios XL long straps and love it. 9.8 oz 6.2 wide and 9.4 length . I am going to try an 11 foot one to see the difference . I sleep fine

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    SANCTUARY SILTARP
    Insulation
    Eno Vulcan/Spark
    Suspension
    Kammok Python
    I owned a sub7 for almost a year before the suspension(New to hammocking, not sure what exactly the ropes from the gathered end to the binder clip are called) started to give out. This might have been fixed with the sub6 tho. It looked okay visually, but when you pinched the ropes you could feel the internal breakage. I exchanged it for a doublenest that I really enjoy to lay in, but I really do miss how light my sub7 was... I'm a pretty heavy guy so i'm not sure if it was weight or the way I was hanging it.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I have a sub7 recently bought from here. I can nap in it comfortably at 5'11" and 200lbs. I also have a 67" wide and 12' long 1.1 oz ripstop nylon and it's only 11oz with the heavy loops I have on the ends. It will fit in the little pouch the 5X7 Walmart tarps come in.

The sub 7 is great to hang out in while the dogs roam my woods.

• + New Posts