Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Nice setup, SS! The Superfly looks great. Whose pole kit do you have?

As for the straps, they’re the 15’ polyester straps Dutch sells as an option with the titanium buckles. I may have complicated the geometry using some old 9kn REI carabiners to clip the buckles to the hammock CL. That could have canted the buckle cinch off angle. Perhaps I’ll call DWG tomorrow to see if he has a better option. I prefer removing the straps from the hammock when packing.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hang-anon View Post
    Nice setup, SS! The Superfly looks great. Whose pole kit do you have?
    Thanks! I have the one that Warbonnet sells. Last weekend was the first time I've used them, but I really like them a lot. I don't know if I'll always carry them when backpacking, but I love how much space they help open up--along with half-porch mode.

As for the straps, they’re the 15’ polyester straps Dutch sells as an option with the titanium buckles. I may have complicated the geometry using some old 9kn REI carabiners to clip the buckles to the hammock CL. That could have canted the buckle cinch off angle. Perhaps I’ll call DWG tomorrow to see if he has a better option. I prefer removing the straps from the hammock when packing.
    Oh, okay, I see. Yeah, I'm sure Dutch and his crew can find a solution for you.

I really like the simplicity and rapid set-up that you get with a buckle system and originally planned to use that. But I wanted to save some weight with the straps, since at least a couple of parks I go to or plan to go to require 1.5" wide straps at a minimum, so cutting some weight with the straps seemed to be a logical choice.

So I got the 2" wide Spider Web Huggers from Dutch (1 x 5' long, 1 x 7' long) paired with whoopie slings, since he doesn't make buckles for 2" wide straps and they wouldn't work with those straps, anyway.

I used Marlinspike hitches, which worked great. But last Saturday was my first time with the whoopies and I had a bit of trouble adjusting them without having my friend hold my hammock so that there was no load on the whoopies. But I've gone back and watched this vid by Shug to see how he adjusts them by himself, and I think I have it figured out.

I guess I'll find out this weekend, lol!
    ~Sleepy

Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Images
    So, over last weekend (16-17 March 2019), the weather finally cooperated and I was able to get some decent* photos of my Sparrow in the wild. I figured out the whole whoopie sling adjustment bit (thank you, Shug!) and set up relatively quickly, though it was really windy on Saturday afternoon--and some of the pics may reflect that. Here they are:

93160402.jpg
    WB Superfly in its HG Mesh Sleeve.

93160403.jpg
    DH Sparrow in its Ready-to-Ship (RTS) Sleeve Sack. I have to say that both the HG Mesh Sleeve and the DH RTS Sleeve Sack make it really easy to deploy the tarp and hammock, respectively. I'm really liking these storage/packing options. As for the Sleeve Sack, based on my experience with Dream Hammock, I'm certain that they'll accommodate anyone with regards to modifying colors, etc. for a custom Sleeve Sack.

But that's not yet on their webpage. So I hope that they'll explicitly include a customizable Sleeve Sack sometime in the near future--it really is a convenient way to deploy and pack up your hammock. This sack can be used with other hammocks, too. Here's a link to the DH vid.

93160405.jpg
    Sparrow deployed--it's windy at this point! And I chose my trees without considering the wind, so the wind is blowing up against the side of my hammock and/or tarp, depending on what has been deployed.

93160407.jpg
    View of the Sparrow from foot-end (usually the Sparrow has no dedicated head- or foot-end, but I chose different colors for the zipper hoods and vent arrangements that determined a particular foot- and head-end)

93160410.jpg
    A bit later in the afternoon, with the WB Superfly deployed.

93160413.jpg
    Head-end Marlinspike hitch, DW black Reflect It whoopie sling, and 2" DW Spider Web Hugger.

93160414.jpg
    Foot-end Marlinspike hitch, DW green Reflect It whoopie sling, and 2" DW Spider Web Hugger.

93160416.jpg
    Foot-end, showing green whoopie and HG Mesh Sleeve in its "resting state".

93170429.jpg
    In the morning, my Marmot Arroyo 30* F down bag airing out on the Superfly.

93170433.jpg
    My kitchen set-up for breakfast. Some redundancies redundancies shown.

93170438.jpg
    Nice view of the Sparrow, foot-end on left.

93170440.jpg
    RTS Sleeve Sack in its empty state, cinched down on the head-end.

93170442.jpg
    Foot-end vent and cordage.

93170445.jpg
    Asym vent, on the side near the head-end (for head left/feet right lay).

93170448.jpg
    Removable Ridgeline Organizer, with Peak Shelf shown on the right side.

I can only upload 15 pics per post, so the rest (not many more) will follow in a subsequent post.

*I'm not a particularly competent photographer and am still learning how to use my new-ish camera. So I apologize for any photos that aren't well-focused, etc.
    ~Sleepy

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    93170433.jpg
    My kitchen set-up for breakfast. Some redundancies redundancies shown.
    Another happy TrailPro user, I see!
    Last edited by hang-anon; 03-19-2019 at 20:29. Reason: add "QUOTE"

Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Another happy TrailPro user, I see!
    Indeed! Although I only have some of the components of the set, namely, the burner, the stainless steel bottle with nesting cup, and the bottle hanger. I got them in June and have been using them ever since, and I like them a lot.

Here are the remaining photos:

93170452.jpg
    Head-end Peak Shelf with Gear Loop and Hand Loop.

93170453.jpg
    Foot-end Peak Shelf with Gear Loop and Hand Loop.
    93170456.jpg
    Opposite side of hammock, foot-end.

93170458.jpg
    Opposite side of hammock, head-end.
    ~Sleepy

Hammock
    double TTTM
    Tarp
    TTTM,WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    choosing
    Hi to all.
    I would like to ask those who have already bought something from Randy's online store.
    I need to know the MCC code of their terminal. MCC code can always be viewed in any transaction in your online bank.
    The number of this MCC code depends on which bank card I better pay my order for Randy.
    Thanks
    Example:
    screen.png

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaS View Post
    Hi to all.
    I would like to ask those who have already bought something from Randy's online store.
    I need to know the MCC code of their terminal. MCC code can always be viewed in any transaction in your online bank.
    The number of this MCC code depends on which bank card I better pay my order for Randy.
    Thanks
    Example:
    screen.png
    must be an international banking thing... no such code shown. Call Randy!

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hyper D
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ + TQ
    Images
    MCC is Merchant Category Code. Anyone who accepts credit cards as a form of payment ( the “merchant”) is assigned a category when setting up that service. It tells the credit card system what kind of business is accessing the credit card systems. It’s also possible to use those codes to have your credit card issuer block transactions from certain vendors. For example, at work we block all corporate travel cards from working at spas, etc.

Hammock
    double TTTM
    Tarp
    TTTM,WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    choosing
    Perhaps you watched it in PAYPAL.
    PayPal does not show MCC code. You can see the MCC code of your transactions only in the history of your operations in your Internet bank or in statements of these operations.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Below might help you with finding the mcc code or you could just contact Randy.

For the benefit of readers who aren’t familiar, a merchant category code (MCC) is a four-digit number the credit card networks (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) assign to every business that applies to accept credit cards. The number corresponds to the type of business or service the company offers.

Credit card networks use MCCs to categorize and track purchases. When a purchase is added to your statement, the category assigned to it, such as “grocery stores, supermarkets,” is tied to the MCC code.

Sometimes, MCC codes are used to prevent certain types of purchases. For instance, a company that issues corporate cards may decide to restrict employees from staying in pricey hotels during business travel by arranging with the network to only cover lodgings with specific MCCs.

So how do you look up the MCC code of a particular business? You can find it on a list the IRS publishes. Each card network also has its own list. As a result, a merchant may have a different code with Visa than with Mastercard, for instance. If you are curious about how this works, my previous column – “How can I change my business’s merchant category code?” – goes into detail on how the codes are assigned.

There also are other online resources for MCCs. For Visa cards, you may be able to find a merchant’s code in the Visa Supplier Locator Tool, published online. Mastercard publishes its codes in the Quick Reference Booklet – Merchant Edition. American Express supplies the code to each purchase on your statement. I was not able to find a similar guide from Discover online, so if you need those codes, I would suggest asking your merchant processor.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast