Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzo909 View Post
    Depending on what options and/or add ons you went with, if it’s still in pretty good condition, try 50-65% of the original purchase price. You can always bump the post down and offer it at a lower price if you’re not getting any hits!
    If it's in good condition and not used that much, I would say its resale value is more than 50 to 65% of the original purchase price - I'd look for 70 to 80% of original purchase price. Dream Hammocks have good resale value. I always get a laugh out of people who bought an ENO Doublenest for $70 then try to resell it for $65, or a Hennessy Hammock they bought for $160 and try to resell it for $150 - neither brand has good resale value.

If the model you have is a double layer, it probably cost a bit more than the $210 listed in Derek Hansen's review.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    Found this for you. Hope it helps..... http://theultimatehang.com/2015/03/2...erbird-review/ Scroll down a bit and it states the price and build.
    Thx and the owner of was able to email my receipt again so I know the exact specs and price. I forgot how great and helpful everyone was on this forum.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Very helpful. Yes I remember some brands have better resale value and this is why I am doing my research for both myself and the buyer. Thx so much

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Why can I not post new threads anywhere? Says on bottom right Corner of page that not allowed to post new threads.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    If it's in good condition and not used that much, I would say its resale value is more than 50 to 65% of the original purchase price - I'd look for 70 to 80% of original purchase price. Dream Hammocks have good resale value. I always get a laugh out of people who bought an ENO Doublenest for $70 then try to resell it for $65, or a Hennessy Hammock they bought for $160 and try to resell it for $150 - neither brand has good resale value.

If the model you have is a double layer, it probably cost a bit more than the $210 listed in Derek Hansen's review.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    Why can I not post new threads anywhere? Says on bottom right Corner of page that not allowed to post new threads.
    If you want to list in the For Sale you need to sign up to list. I see you have 69 posts so you definately qualify ro sell. Just read through the guide lines.

If you want to post elsewhere try signing in again.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Thank you. I will sign up.

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    I bought it and it is in great shape. My first cottage industry hammock. I can't wait to take it out on the trail in April. I may have to take a few naps in it in the basement before then. I do love my DIY hammock but my craftsmanship does not match this by any stretch of the imagination.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    I bought it and it is in great shape. My first cottage industry hammock. I can't wait to take it out on the trail in April. I may have to take a few naps in it in the basement before then. I do love my DIY hammock but my craftsmanship does not match this by any stretch of the imagination.
    MDCrab, sounds awesome! If you get a chance to take some pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them.
    ~Sleepy

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Sasquatch View Post
    MDCrab, sounds awesome! If you get a chance to take some pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them.
    I could do that. I started to make an "Unboxing and look at" video to post on Youtube, but how many Hammock videos do we really need? Besides I'm neither a Shug nor a Restless One!
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    I could do that. I started to make an "Unboxing and look at" video to post on Youtube, but how many Hammock videos do we really need? Besides I'm neither a Shug nor a Restless One!
    Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

P.S.: To answer your question: "At least one more."

I don't think you need to worry about competing with Shug or only showing something that's completely new, and I'm sure that many people around here would be interested in even more good hammock content on YouTube.

So if you decide you want to post a video unboxing or whatever, I say go ahead. HYOH, my friend!

Last edited by Sleepy Sasquatch; 03-21-2019 at 15:17. Reason: Edited to make my reply a bit more concise. That is a constant struggle for me...
    ~Sleepy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12