Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Thunderbird?

  1. #11
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,775
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzo909 View Post
    Depending on what options and/or add ons you went with, if itís still in pretty good condition, try 50-65% of the original purchase price. You can always bump the post down and offer it at a lower price if youíre not getting any hits!
    If it's in good condition and not used that much, I would say its resale value is more than 50 to 65% of the original purchase price - I'd look for 70 to 80% of original purchase price. Dream Hammocks have good resale value. I always get a laugh out of people who bought an ENO Doublenest for $70 then try to resell it for $65, or a Hennessy Hammock they bought for $160 and try to resell it for $150 - neither brand has good resale value.

    If the model you have is a double layer, it probably cost a bit more than the $210 listed in Derek Hansen's review.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    Found this for you. Hope it helps..... http://theultimatehang.com/2015/03/2...erbird-review/ Scroll down a bit and it states the price and build.
    Thx and the owner of was able to email my receipt again so I know the exact specs and price. I forgot how great and helpful everyone was on this forum.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Posts
    75
    Very helpful. Yes I remember some brands have better resale value and this is why I am doing my research for both myself and the buyer. Thx so much

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Posts
    75
    Why can I not post new threads anywhere? Says on bottom right Corner of page that not allowed to post new threads.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NW, U.S.A. & Pink Mountain, B.C.
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Big Red Love Tarp
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    If it's in good condition and not used that much, I would say its resale value is more than 50 to 65% of the original purchase price - I'd look for 70 to 80% of original purchase price. Dream Hammocks have good resale value. I always get a laugh out of people who bought an ENO Doublenest for $70 then try to resell it for $65, or a Hennessy Hammock they bought for $160 and try to resell it for $150 - neither brand has good resale value.

    If the model you have is a double layer, it probably cost a bit more than the $210 listed in Derek Hansen's review.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    Why can I not post new threads anywhere? Says on bottom right Corner of page that not allowed to post new threads.
    If you want to list in the For Sale you need to sign up to list. I see you have 69 posts so you definately qualify ro sell. Just read through the guide lines.

    If you want to post elsewhere try signing in again.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Lynx 20*
    Posts
    75
    Thank you. I will sign up.

  7. #17
    MDCrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Calvert County, MD
    Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Posts
    202
    I bought it and it is in great shape. My first cottage industry hammock. I can't wait to take it out on the trail in April. I may have to take a few naps in it in the basement before then. I do love my DIY hammock but my craftsmanship does not match this by any stretch of the imagination.
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

  8. #18
    Sleepy Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Posts
    63
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    I bought it and it is in great shape. My first cottage industry hammock. I can't wait to take it out on the trail in April. I may have to take a few naps in it in the basement before then. I do love my DIY hammock but my craftsmanship does not match this by any stretch of the imagination.
    MDCrab, sounds awesome! If you get a chance to take some pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them.
    ~Sleepy

  9. #19
    MDCrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Calvert County, MD
    Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Sasquatch View Post
    MDCrab, sounds awesome! If you get a chance to take some pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them.
    I could do that. I started to make an "Unboxing and look at" video to post on Youtube, but how many Hammock videos do we really need? Besides I'm neither a Shug nor a Restless One!
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

  10. #20
    Sleepy Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hammock
    DH Sparrow DL #7995
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Various CCF pads
    Suspension
    Whoopies + MSH
    Posts
    63
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    I could do that. I started to make an "Unboxing and look at" video to post on Youtube, but how many Hammock videos do we really need? Besides I'm neither a Shug nor a Restless One!
    Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

    P.S.: To answer your question: "At least one more."

    I don't think you need to worry about competing with Shug or only showing something that's completely new, and I'm sure that many people around here would be interested in even more good hammock content on YouTube.

    So if you decide you want to post a video unboxing or whatever, I say go ahead. HYOH, my friend!

    Last edited by Sleepy Sasquatch; 03-21-2019 at 15:17. Reason: Edited to make my reply a bit more concise. That is a constant struggle for me...
    ~Sleepy

  • + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. Thunderbird
      By 732684 in forum DD Hammocks
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 03-23-2015, 18:13
    2. Thunderbird is #1
      By krshome in forum Dream Hammock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 10-24-2014, 23:00
    3. Thunderbird
      By JollyGreen in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 09-25-2014, 06:40
    4. New Thunderbird!
      By Big_Willy in forum Dream Hammock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-14-2014, 19:15

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •