Hennessy Explorer Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex/Stock
    Insulation
    Cumulus UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Hennessy stock
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeTracks View Post
    Yes, I've seen that but I don't see where the net goes. Is it at the far side of the hammock and not between the folded hammock fabric?
    Here's a clearer video from Hennessy: https://youtu.be/9Oq-NEsE3FE
    (I.e., the net is folded double on the side.)

Afraid it isn't when you aren't in the the US - shipping costs... and import duty and VAT probably also applies even though you own the stuff and send it to and fro.

OK. So my friend can sit on the net, but he can't lie on it. We postponed our meeting to the weekend. Actually I think I'll try to talk him out of it. He's an elderly guy and I think he mainly wants it for lying in the sun on his lawn. There are better options for that. I want to sell it, but I also want to keep my friends.

Sorry, I didn't see your post before. Yeah, I've read about that mod. It's just we are on the other side of the Atlantic. Apart from 2 x shipping costs there would probably import duty and VAT on products I already own... Sucks. Besides the Expedition Zip is on sale this month. It's probably both cheaper and easier for my friend to buy that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeTracks View Post
    Afraid it isn't when you aren't in the the US - shipping costs... and import duty and VAT probably also applies even though you own the stuff and send it to and fro.

OK. So my friend can sit on the net, but he can't lie on it. We postponed our meeting to the weekend. Actually I think I'll try to talk him out of it. He's an elderly guy and I think he mainly wants it for lying in the sun on his lawn. There are better options for that. I want to sell it, but I also want to keep my friends.
    You don't sit on the net, it is pushed to the far side (right side) of hammock. Although, if you lean back far enough while sitting, the net will support some of your weight. Which should not be a problem.

I get it now. Thanks. I didn't realize what, of course, happens to the net when the hammock is folded.

Well, I won't sell the hammock anytime soon as Hennessy has a special on the zip version this month, the hammock I bought for myself. I was happy for the free hammock, but had I held my breath a few weeks I would have gotten the rebate which would have been even better. Well, you can't win them all. ;-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12