Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JmBoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    PA
    Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Posts
    1,678
    Images
    3

    How do I load photos from Google Photo?

    I was just made aware people can't see my photos I post from Google Photos. I was using chrome and logged in on Firefox and sure enough, none of my photos are showing. When I go to the photo, I select "copy image" and nothing copies into the url option. When I uncheck the "retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, I get this huge chunk of code, but people still can't see the photos. Thanks!
    Last edited by JmBoh; 02-02-2019 at 18:34.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

  2. #2
    cmc4free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,070
    Images
    65
    I was able to see your photo in the thread you're referring to.
    Perhaps try right clicking, open image in new tab, and copy the URL from that tab?

  3. #3
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,906
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I was able to see your photo in the thread you're referring to.
    Perhaps try right clicking, open image in new tab, and copy the URL from that tab?
    What browser and OS are you using? Out of curiosity, do you have a google login, and are you logged in?

    I tried seeing JmBoh's images on Windows 10 using three different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge: no workee workee.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #4
    cmc4free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,070
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    What browser and OS are you using? Out of curiosity, do you have a google login, and are you logged in?

    I tried seeing JmBoh's images on Windows 10 using three different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge: no workee workee.
    Haven't been on a PC today, but using Android 7.0.0 and Google Chrome. And yes to being logged into Google.

  5. #5
    rais'n hammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Posts
    874
    This is the method I use...
    Copy your image link. Paste it to the first box on this site...
    https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
    Click generate.
    The copy the Direct Link created at the bottom of the page.
    Paste that in the URL link box on the insert image tab on the forum post.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

  6. #6
    JmBoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    PA
    Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Posts
    1,678
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    This is the method I use...
    Copy your image link. Paste it to the first box on this site...
    https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
    Click generate.
    The copy the Direct Link created at the bottom of the page.
    Paste that in the URL link box on the insert image tab on the forum post.
    It says "Invalid file" when I copy the link into the insert image function. :/
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

  7. #7
    OneClick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    invalid value
    Hammock
    Dutch Argon 10.5'
    Tarp
    Anything Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Posts
    10,844
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    This is the method I use...
    Copy your image link. Paste it to the first box on this site...
    https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
    Click generate.
    The copy the Direct Link created at the bottom of the page.
    Paste that in the URL link box on the insert image tab on the forum post.
    Great!! Thanks. I was trying to do it manually but it got annoying. Strange it works even without the .jpg extension, but I won't ask questions and jinx it! Just wondering how long THE MAN will allow this to work?

  8. #8
    cmc4free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,070
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    What browser and OS are you using? Out of curiosity, do you have a google login, and are you logged in?

    I tried seeing JmBoh's images on Windows 10 using three different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge: no workee workee.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Haven't been on a PC today, but using Android 7.0.0 and Google Chrome. And yes to being logged into Google.
    Belated response to your question from a PC:

    With Windows 7 and Google Chrome, now I'm not seeing the photo either. Worked on my phone as mentioned above.

  9. #9
    rais'n hammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Great!! Thanks. I was trying to do it manually but it got annoying. Strange it works even without the .jpg extension, but I won't ask questions and jinx it! Just wondering how long THE MAN will allow this to work?
    I have been using it since the issue with the last hosting site started breaking links for those who had posted images. Fix for that was an add-in to make the photos appear again. I use Google Photos so this was a good solution and is fairly simple. Been almost 2 years it has worked for me.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

  10. #10
    Vanhalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    East TN
    Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Posts
    1,364
    Images
    78
    I gave up on that and use ImageBB.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."
    https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web
    http://www.atweather.org
    Hammock Insulation Temperature Testing Results Spreadsheet

  • + New Posts
  • Similar Threads

    1. Borneo 2011 Photos PHOTO HEAVY!
      By trekkingnut in forum Hennessy Hammocks
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 01-09-2012, 17:58

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •