Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    I have a couple of questions about this system:
    1) Can you pitch tarps in a variety of ways for conditions such as warm, dry night or a cold, wet night, porch mode, etc?
    2) Does this require one long webbing, such as a 12' strap, or can it work with a whoopie sling? If it is a long strap, do you leave the prussik on the strap, and does it still thread through the loop end with the prussik on there?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    COGS Hex/Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    UHMWPE/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    I have a couple of questions about this system:
    1) Can you pitch tarps in a variety of ways for conditions such as warm, dry night or a cold, wet night, porch mode, etc?
    Yes, if you implement a small adjustable ridgeline on each end of the tarp, you can raise the height. Porch mode works regardless of the tarp suspension used.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    2) Does this require one long webbing, such as a 12' strap, or can it work with a whoopie sling? If it is a long strap, do you leave the prussik on the strap, and does it still thread through the loop end with the prussik on there?
    I think this system works best with long webbing- 12'-15'. It may not work as well with whoopies, because I'm guessing you'd have to put the prusiks on the constrictor. The prusiks do stay on the webbing, and it threads through the loop just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Cameleon
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    CRO Fontana HG UQ
    Suspension
    MyersTech All-in-1
    I' m sorry that i'm a bit late to this thread, but i've been using this setup by MyersTech for about 6 months now and i've become a big fan. Especially for my quick and light trips, It works well. And like Spiguyver I added shock cord to the ground tieouts of my tarp.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    DIY Options
    Tarp
    DIY Options
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Yes.. too many
    Images
    I use the shock cord at the ground corners and one 12' strap per end..

Prussik stays on the strap, although I use that set of straps exclusively for SLS, and almost exclusively with the asym that has three sets of ridge tie out points, so nine options for ridge length.

The one thing that doesn't work is an internal pole. It just flattens the tarp out.

You wonder why I love to sleep alone, in the woods, in a hammock.. I wonder why you don't...

• + New Posts