What hammock will work with this stand as a bed replacement??

I have this
    I got this stand https://www.amazon.com/Sunnydaze-Uni.../dp/B016KUWT5M

It's 10.5 long and the hook is 52" off the ground.

I have this hammock, originally ordered for another stand, but it doesn't seem to work well. https://hammocksky.com/products/braz...hammock-double What dimensions should I look for. I thought after running the calculator it would work out still. 144 Inches while the bed resting area is 98 Inches Long X 59 Inches Wide

Edit: it's attached like thistmp_4314-IMG_20190207_1725481021640546.jpg, directly to hook, not wrapped over.

Edit 2: the current hammock actually measures 57 inches wide, despite the description. The hammocls below are about a half foot wider, but a half foot to a foot shorter.

Would this hammock work better
    Hammock bed is 63 x 94-Inch, with a total length of 130-Inch (10.8 ft); https://www.amazon.com/Vivere-Double.../dp/B004YJCP7O (without the stand, I bought this setup years ago and I couldn't sleep in it, but the hammock was comfortable to nap in).

or this one
    http://www.lasiesta.com/us/en/la-sie...ammock-pah16-4
    Bed width: 5 ft 3 in (63 inches)
    Total length: 11 ft 6 in
    Cloth length: 7 ft 7 in
    Last edited by pothos; 02-07-2019 at 17:36.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Are you fastening the hammock like they show in this image:

51heITI7fZL.jpg

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have used one similar to this in hotel rooms. I was able to make 10' hammocks work okay, but was really close to the floor. I was fine with that, because the worst night in a hammock is still better than a bed.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I used an earlier version of that stand in 2011 going to Oshkosh, it was my introduction and i stopped using it after I built my Turtle dog. It now resides at my daughters, piled next to the house. They put the hammock in it and the younger pit bull thinks it's a fantastic toy, till he chews it up. I use my standard hammock in it, a 132 inch tablecloth hammock and make dog bones to fit the stand. I was only an inch or so above the ground but it's the same as being 10 feet in the air for that matter. Except when you go to get out. I had a Superfly covering the whole thing, LOW which made it stand up to the 50 mph winds that hit for about 15 minutes AND blocked the wind for my buddies cot tent next to it. To get out each morning I rolled out and crawled to the opening. My Turtle Dog sits a little low too, but that's because it has to fit in the bed of my truck. As for the metal stand? I hauled it strapped to the top of my Tow Behind trailer, behind my Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT. It was a great Bike, Airplane trip with a buddy from Omaha. We met at the Truckstop just east of Des Moines. Awesome.

Images
    Hi Pothos,

Basically, none of these stands are going to be a good bed replacement. These are the "space-saving" kind that roll the ends of the hammock over to make them fit into tight spots. This is bad for comfort. It effectively takes a luxurious 14ft hammock and cuts it down to a claustrophobic and uncomfortable 9ft. This is fine for lounging in the backyard, but not for sleeping. For sleeping you want as long as possible.

I have the full 15-ft Vivere stand and its so-so (too low to the ground in my opinion, and flexes too much when you get in). The best option was to simply put eye-bolts in the wall studs and hang the hammock kitty-corner across the bedroom. I understand not everyone has that option, though.

Any of the cotton Brazilian hammocks are going to be comfortable bed replacements, even the cheap ones on Amazon (which are actually pretty good). The "hammock bed length" is not important. All that really matters is the total length. But as i mentioned, the total length means nothing if you are simply going to roll the ends over a space-saving stand.

Quote Originally Posted by akaCat View Post
    Are you fastening the hammock like they show in this image:

51heITI7fZL.jpg
    No, I updated my OP to show, both ends are hooked to the top. If I were to hook it lower on the chain I'd wind up sitting on the floor.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Quote Originally Posted by pothos View Post
    No, I updated my OP to show, both ends are hooked to the top. If I were to hook it lower on the chain I'd wind up sitting on the floor.
    Wrapping it over as shown, effectively hangs it higher and gets you up off the ground more. But as leiavoia stated, it does it by effectively making the hammock shorter -- and that's never going to be as comfortable as the hammock's intended length.

Hammock
    double eagle and grand sumo stand
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    I use an Amazon grand sumo stand with a 11ft gathered end cheapo hammock from Amazon. I have put a structural ridge line in at about 116 inches (not 83% I know but if I do iit hits the floor) and that hangs about 5 or 6 cms off the floor. Enough room for an uq.
    I sleep in it almost permanently no issues. Yes it's low to the floor but swings exactly the same as being 2 ft in the air.
    I'm 6ft4 and about 17.5 stone in weight.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch xenon winter
    Insulation
    Incubator/EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    Girlfriend brought home a similar backyard stand, not knowing the difference between our Bolivian rope model and a proper camping setup. It was an $8 garage sale special.

Just for fun, and because I don't have a backyard solution yet, I tried an assortment of my hammocks out. Couldn't get close to good on an 11 ft Dream Hammock. Somewhat to my surprise, however, I could get my WBRR to hang well, even with an UQ. It was low but not THAT low.

Maybe a bridge would suit you if you're really stuck with that type of stand?

• + New Posts