Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 132
  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Posts
    741

    SIMPLY LIGHT DESIGNS ASYM UNDERQUILT

    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    How’d the trip go, and how do you like the TW?
    Oh, I ended up posting elsewhere because I talked more about the Double Dutch setup than the TW. But the TW is an excellent value. Coming from the Wooki of the same 20° rating, I have no complaints. I haven't compared the packed size of the TW because I haven't needed to compress it yet. It stays in place well, and the side tensioners really help with snugging it up the sides of the hammock. I've taken the Wooki way colder, so I can't really say how they compare for warmth other than they both do the job into the 40s.

    And the trip was great. Beautiful weather... it could have been a little cooler at night. The birds were a bit noisy, but it beats road noise any day.

  2. #122
    Senior Member ShroominDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, Michigan
    Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow Symmetrical
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Posts
    107
    Images
    10
    OK, so I had a chance to use my new 40* ASYM UQ and I LOVE it. I am a huge fan of synthetic insulation and this thing just rocks. I have had bad experiences with down getting wet and then never drying out in the humid Michigan Summers. I had Jared add a tie on on both the head and foot end to match up with my Sparrow. It works perfectly and stays in place. The quality is top notch. I must say that once in the compression sack I can get this thing down to the size of a large grapefruit. I am less concerned with weight and do not have a scale but I can tell you this UQ is very light AND compressible. I am so impressed that I am saving for a 20*. I have a 0* down UQ so once I get my 20* I should be all set. I really love the "set it and forget it" attachments. I have struggled in the past with my UQ's coming off my outside shoulder in the middle of the night and this design addresses that concern. If, like me, you are looking for the perfect hassle free synthetic UQ - then look no further. This gets the highest marks possible. Thank you Jared!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave
    __________
    It is always better to throw out then up

  3. #123
    Otter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema/Poly
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroominDave View Post
    OK, so I had a chance to use my new 40* ASYM UQ and I LOVE it. I am a huge fan of synthetic insulation and this thing just rocks. I have had bad experiences with down getting wet and then never drying out in the humid Michigan Summers. I had Jared add a tie on on both the head and foot end to match up with my Sparrow. It works perfectly and stays in place. The quality is top notch. I must say that once in the compression sack I can get this thing down to the size of a large grapefruit. I am less concerned with weight and do not have a scale but I can tell you this UQ is very light AND compressible. I am so impressed that I am saving for a 20*. I have a 0* down UQ so once I get my 20* I should be all set. I really love the "set it and forget it" attachments. I have struggled in the past with my UQ's coming off my outside shoulder in the middle of the night and this design addresses that concern. If, like me, you are looking for the perfect hassle free synthetic UQ - then look no further. This gets the highest marks possible. Thank you Jared!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice writeup! I don't need another UQ but am seriously seeing what the fuss is about!!!! I've considered making one like this but life tends to happen when I plan such things

  4. #124
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Maine and Oklahoma
    Hammock
    DH Sparrow and Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ - Quack, quack
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroominDave View Post
    OK, so I had a chance to use my new 40* ASYM UQ and I LOVE it. I am a huge fan of synthetic insulation and this thing just rocks. I have had bad experiences with down getting wet and then never drying out in the humid Michigan Summers. I had Jared add a tie on on both the head and foot end to match up with my Sparrow. It works perfectly and stays in place. The quality is top notch. I must say that once in the compression sack I can get this thing down to the size of a large grapefruit. I am less concerned with weight and do not have a scale but I can tell you this UQ is very light AND compressible. I am so impressed that I am saving for a 20*. I have a 0* down UQ so once I get my 20* I should be all set. I really love the "set it and forget it" attachments. I have struggled in the past with my UQ's coming off my outside shoulder in the middle of the night and this design addresses that concern. If, like me, you are looking for the perfect hassle free synthetic UQ - then look no further. This gets the highest marks possible. Thank you Jared!!!!!!!!!!
    HI, ShroominDave - would you please elaborate on this => "I had Jared add a tie on on both the head and foot end to match up with my Sparrow. It works perfectly and stays in place."

    I'm researching a 40* Asym UQ for my Sparrow. However, I'm trying to understand/visualize why you added ties to the UQ.

    Thx!

  5. #125
    Senior Member rweb82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Homewood, IL
    Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema w/Doors
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave556 View Post
    HI, ShroominDave - would you please elaborate on this => "I had Jared add a tie on on both the head and foot end to match up with my Sparrow. It works perfectly and stays in place."

    I'm researching a 40* Asym UQ for my Sparrow. However, I'm trying to understand/visualize why you added ties to the UQ.

    Thx!
    My guess is the added ties line up with the underquilt hooks on the Sparrow.

  6. #126
    Senior Member rweb82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Homewood, IL
    Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema w/Doors
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Posts
    1,230
    Question for owners of the Trail Winder UQ, for an 11' hammock, do you recommend the 9' or 10' option?

  7. #127
    ObdewlaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Deep In The Heart of...
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hexon
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Spider Web 1.5's
    Posts
    450
    Images
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Question for owners of the Trail Winder UQ, for an 11' hammock, do you recommend the 9' or 10' option?
    I bought the 10' version to compliment my SLD Trail Lair. It fits nicely & the insulation coverage is perfect for me at 6'1".

  8. #128
    Peppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Calamine, Arkansas
    Hammock
    LSOH UL Warrior x2, WB, TE
    Tarp
    WB, RSBTR, TE
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, HG, SLD
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Posts
    913
    Images
    5
    I have an 11’ Hammock and use the 9’ version. Works great!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Key Largo, FL
    Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Journey, Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    59
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Question for owners of the Trail Winder UQ, for an 11' hammock, do you recommend the 9' or 10' option?
    I have a WBBB XLC and I got the 10' option. It just does fit with both ends tightened up almost all the way, so great coverage, but I think I would get the 9' option next time so there is a bit more bungee on either end so there would be a bit more play in the mix and so my wife could use it on her shorter hammock.

  10. #130
    Senior Member rweb82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Homewood, IL
    Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema w/Doors
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchConch View Post
    I have a WBBB XLC and I got the 10' option. It just does fit with both ends tightened up almost all the way, so great coverage, but I think I would get the 9' option next time so there is a bit more bungee on either end so there would be a bit more play in the mix and so my wife could use it on her shorter hammock.
    Thank you for the insight! I imagine having more play on either end would allow you to move the UQ closer to the foot or head end- depending on how you have the hammock hung, and where your body will be positioned inside. I know sometimes I sleep closer to the head end; while other times, I'm a little more towards the middle of the hammock.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. SIMPLY LIGHT DESIGNS SPINDRIFT ASYM UQ
      By ShortRound in forum Simply Light Designs
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 07-07-2019, 20:44
    2. SIMPLY LIGHT DESIGNS SPINDRIFT ASYM UQ
      By ShortRound in forum Bottom Insulation
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: 02-06-2019, 12:39
    3. 2018 Simply Light Designs Streamliner and Asym Tarp with Skins
      By Papatechie in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-12-2018, 16:15
    4. Simply Light Designs underquilt
      By Iceiceguy in forum Simply Light Designs
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-12-2018, 14:05
    5. Simply light designs - simplicity asym tarp
      By Medic665 in forum Simply Light Designs
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 08-14-2016, 22:32

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •