Lazy Slug Tube plans

Where can one find plans fo make their own lazy slug tube? Unfortunately I didn’t come to appreciate what it was till after WL closed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Where can one find plans fo make their own lazy slug tube? Unfortunately I didn’t come to appreciate what it was till after WL closed down.
    It's deceptively easy--just like making a large snakeskin. You basically want to start with a fabric blank slightly longer than the length of your hammock's RL by the desired width (something in the range of 24-40", depending on the size quilts you want the tube to fit). Mesh works best, since it allows the air to escape as you compress. On the narrow sides, roll hem 1/2" channels--I like to fold and tack down the corners first to leave clean openings for the drawcord. Fold fabric in half wrong side out like a hotdog and roll hem the long side to complete tube. Turn tube inside out and feed some kind of draw-cord/shock-cord through the channels and finish off with a cord lock. Fin!

IMG_2292.jpg
    Last edited by jcksparow; 02-10-2019 at 21:27.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Sounds like a really long double ended stuff sack. So the ends are as wide as the middle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Sounds like a really long double ended stuff sack. So the ends are as wide as the middle?
    Exactly like a long double ended stuff sack. All the ones I've seen are uniform diameter for the whole length. No reason you couldn't taper it, but the weight savings would likely be minimal.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Images
    I made mine 10.5' long, 4" opening on one end, 14" opening on the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I made mine 10.5' long, 4" opening on one end, 14" opening on the other.
    What temp quilts are you able to fit in that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    this is a great concept, i have seen here before but never took the shot on it. last week, i broke a part of our take-a-long playpen (not the product name, kinda a crappy design, not worth noting here) but we plan to use it in the house. It had a large (square base 8"x8"x30") 'stuffsack' to carry it in, has two webbing handles like you would expect on something like this (picture a walmart awning being carried onto the beach), and the sewn drawstring channel has two buttonholes for its crappy, attachted drawstring to protrude through. after popping the stitches that held the string in and burning the resulting hole edges, i fed a reflective neon green 9 strand core paracord (maybe 650 cord but with a reflective strand) for the new drawstring, reinforced the corner for a 'bishop bag' type setup, and added a dogbone to the tarp tieout to allow the slugpak to hang freely from the tarp suspension wtihout hampering the tarp's cat cuts at the ridgeline. fits a buncha stuff: onetigris winter tarp (~$60 amazon), AHE new river (jarbidge?), warbonnet blackbird xlc, dutchware hexon 1.0, buckwheat pillow, rothco woobie. room for a like a towel or a jacket, maybe a little more. pretty great setup!! trick is to stuff it all so that everything can be accessed in the order it needs to be used.

thats 12" and 18" metal rulers laying on top of above listed gear inside this slug. i'll report as to its performace
    image1(4).jpg
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

• + New Posts