Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Hennessy Jungle Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bitti View Post
    Well, if you read above, I'm in Europe so I really don't know about "cheaper".

A Long version of 20 F Economy Incubator costs $166. Plus $49 shipping to Europe means $215, which is 200 €. After 24 % VAT and 3.7 % tarif that becomes 257 €. I paid a total of 264 € for my Cumulus Selva here in Finland (incl. shipping), so it was only 7 € more (and if I had ordered directly from Cumulus, it would have been 256 € incl. shipping). (And Selva is made with 850 European cuin goose down, which is equal to about 900 American cuin, whereas Economy Incubator is 800 American cuin duck down).
    I agree with you... I´m sorry, I forgot to explain that my comment was comparing to the Arrowhead Potomac.
    The prices go up for me too, because I´m in Uruguay, South America, and have to pay for the delivery and taxes...

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Insulation
    Cumulus Taiga 450
    Suspension
    Hennessy stock
    Quote Originally Posted by bitti View Post
    I haven't yet spent a night in the setup, but based on my day testing I'm really happy with my purchase.
    During the weekend I now had time to spend a night in the setup. I used the tie-outs to spread out the hammock. Temperature dropped to -1 C (30 F) during the night, with a litle of wind and a just a tiny bit of rain now and then. I was warm the whole night in the 20 F Cumulus Selva and my Haglöfs 30 F sleeping bag as a top quilt. Didn't even think about releasing the tie-outs for a more cocoon-like setup. Didn't notice any cold air channels either.

So all in all I feel Cumulus Selva works almost perfectly with Hennessy hammocks, even with tie-outs.

It would have been nice to try the setup in a little bit colder weather, but it seems that spring has arrived in Finland, so I may have to wait until the autumn for that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12