Thread: Scout discount?

Scout discount?

I am a scoutmaster and I was wondering if any companies offer scout discounts for quilts ?
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperrn View Post
    I am a scoutmaster and I was wondering if any companies offer scout discounts for quilts ?
    Thanks in advance
    ALPS offers youth groups decent discounts through their "Hiker Direct" program. It's free to join.
    For example on their Spectrum 20 deg quilt instead of $190 MSRP they offer to youth/leaders at $104.49.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I would suggest attempting a group buy from a quality vendor here if possible.
    Arrowhead equipment strikes me as a good canidate for a well made scout underquilt in Apex.

A lot of the cost for the cottage guys is allowing all the color combos/choices... if you offer to let them pick a color they have in stock, batch cut 10-20 of them, and sew them up in a production run then there is some savings for them.
    Offering a basic 10% off to youth groups or military members is common enough, but not really cost effective for the vendor.

Don't be afraid to try or to wheel and deal where you can. We had a decent sized scout troop when I was a kid so we could do 20 at a crack buys. I even owned a business as a kid buying wholesale gear and selling to scout troops with that model. That's more what Jeff-oh is talking about... buying at wholesale prices direct from more traditional manufacturers who sell through retail outlets. If there is a product you are interested in... go for it.
    Personally- regarding quilts, hammocks, or similar I think you'd get a better product for your scouts going direct to a cottage company.

Another idea is a group buy of DIY items if you have someone in your troop who can sew.
    Not only could you really ramp up the savings, but you can use the opportunity to teach gear repair, general sewing, and construction plus the rewards of having done it yourselves.
    With kids... a full roll of a 1 ounce hammock rated fabric (like Hexon or HyperD) would serve as both hammocks and shells for top quilts and bottom quilts.

• + New Posts