DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    borrowed
    Suspension
    straps w/dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
    I use this Sea to Summit. https://www.rei.com/product/866771/s...pillow-premium
    Its fine, does what its suppose to do, and compresses to the size of a tennis ball. It's not my full time home pillow...but I do like it.
    I like their pillows. I have the cheaper one without the fleecy outside. They don't lose air overnight like some pads, and my head doesn't get cold against the pillow. Also, they pack down to smaller than a tennis ball due to the nonfleece exterior.

Hammock
    diy MTN series
    Tarp
    diy winterhex/asym
    Insulation
    EE and HG
    Suspension
    Beckett or buckles
    https://www.rei.com/product/719843/t...essible-pillow

I have no idea why but I need a pillow ... like all the time. Naps, hammock, bed, cot, airplane, binge watching Shug's videos, etc...

Probably the heaviest of those listed and maybe the most bulky. It isn't great in real warm weather but it is great in cold weather. A ton of support.
    People tend to compartmentalize themselves into IT people, and movie star people, and scientists, but when we share our perspectives about nature, we find a common denominator.
    -Nalini Nadkarni

Hammock
    REI Quarter Dome Air
    Tarp
    In the market...
    Insulation
    Air Pad + Mummy
    Suspension
    Becket to straps

Hammock pillow

Quote Originally Posted by daveysnowis View Post
    https://www.rei.com/product/719843/t...essible-pillow

I have no idea why but I need a pillow ... like all the time. Naps, hammock, bed, cot, airplane, binge watching Shug's videos, etc...

Probably the heaviest of those listed and maybe the most bulky. It isn't great in real warm weather but it is great in cold weather. A ton of support.
    I’ve also used the Therm-a-Rest pillow a few times in my bridge hammock and find it quite comfortable. Definitely not the smallest or lightest, but my son used one on a week-long backpack trip, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could at last order the Thermarest down pillow (the large that I wanted was out of stock a while) and it dispatched today. So in a few days I'll know if it's comfy or not.

Large, celestial blue.
    https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...n-pillow-p9932

daveysnowis, I'm like that too. I think it's not just about having something to put your head on, but also something to put your hands under or hold. Feels odd without. Don't know what to do with my hands.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    Home Made
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I made one from left over costco under quilt I made and added 3 oz synthetic down. Made an tee shirt cover so i can wash the outside. This is the same design that Derek had on his page. Works great.

Pillow arrived today. It's lovely. I'm glad I chose the large though. It becomes much smaller than the stated size when it's stuffed and the draw cord is tensioned. It really works. There's enough down in it to even out the bumpiness of the tings I stuffed it with. I think it will work very well for me.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Down UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Cinch
    I've been in search of the perfect pillow for a few years, but nothing seemed exactly right - stuffing my extra clothes in a sack was too lumpy, air pillows seemed to slip around too much, down pillows didn't have enough support....Do I sound like Goldilocks? I'm very particular about my pillows at home too, so I wanted the same comfort in my hammock. I came up with a DIY pillow that works for me. I used a inflatable pillow I already had, made a down pillow insert using some leftover fabric and down I had from another project and then put them together inside a custom made pillowcase. Perfect. I can inflate the air pillow to the level of support I want and the down pillow and soft pillowcase have a cozy feel against my face. It all packs down pretty tightly and only weighs 6 ozs. Works for me20190405_151549.jpg20190405_151440.jpg

Hammock
    My own custom made hammock
    Images
    I make a small camping pillow perfect for hammocks. Use 1.9oz Ripstop nylon, and poly-fil. Allows you to stuff it into a small stuff sack I also make with it. Message me and we can talk about 544FE20B-DD8D-4DDA-BE6E-76F52EB7A06D.jpeg544FE20B-DD8D-4DDA-BE6E-76F52EB7A06D.jpeg
    5DD3DB6F-9181-429F-98E5-7E9FE0182873.jpeg

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I use a u shaped travel pillow. It works pretty great but it does not pack down too small
    been using a tube shaped canvas yoga pillow with japanese silk cover filled with buckwheat for some time. takes a proper stuffing to be awesome, but without gets meh very quickly. after some strange shoulder issues for the last couple of months, i decided to try a c shaped memory foam travel pillow. i lanyard'd it to my srl at the same shock cord anchor as previous, and tried it out. slight constricting of the airway due to the 'depth' of the C arms, so i flipped it upside down and the clOUDS ABOVE PARTED AND FORTH CAME THE ANGELS TO WEEP UNTO THE GLORY. it was a tad warm with my 0 degree ahe new river (jarbidge? i can never remember) slung under me, but dome cradling unparalleled as of yet in my nearly 5 year hammock-sleeping journey. the comfort of a hammock CANNOT be beat, but if you don't figure out proper hangle, lay angle, and neck support the clouds wont part for you. they part for me again! *dancedance* the pillow i used i think came from walgreens? its round memory foam and it has like an elastic 'handle' at the outer edge that i made a little paracord-skin soft shackle to attach a random 7/64th dogbone to so the tether gets like play and can pull a little at both ends. maybe a C filled with those little tiny polymer beads would be cooler? Cool is the new search, C is the new new yoga tube.....now to find a japanese silk C
    but packable it does not seem to be. it could be forced into a smaller shape and a stuff sack could be built for it, but i dunno what that would do to the integrity of the foam. could be great, be a little dense/hard
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Pillows are a personal preference. My wife can go without one while I need some sort of support. She does use one but it is a very small stuffed pillow and is not deflectable while I use an inflatable pillow. During cold weather I use an insolated self inflating pillow and in warm weather I use an air inflatable. I recently purchased a new inflatable pillow with very soft material. It felt so good but when used it was just not large enough. $16 later and it is unusable so I went back to my 99 cent el-cheapo pillow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast