Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ

Separate bug net for 11ft wide hammock: Bottom entry or zipererd

Thanks for the advice. Just ordered a bottom entry bugnet from HG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Suspension
    DIY Cinch buckles
    I made a bottom entry bug net from a kit by RSBTR. I'm more than happy with it and consider a zipper to be a potential point of failure rather than a "feature".

You get enough material in the kit to make a ~125" bug net which should be more than enough to fit a properly hung 11' hammock.

RSBTR also sells a zippered bug net kit if you really want a zipper.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I'm not sure that you have much of a choice; I don't think there is a zippered bug sock available that would fit an 11' Dutch netless. It's either a bottom-entry or a tube sock. As a shorter person, I don't find the tube style practical. Bottom-entry works for me, although I prefer integrated hammocks in most cases.
    Warbonnet now makes an XL zippered travel net for 11' hammocks. https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/product/travel-net/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG 12ft. Sil Poly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Bottom here, also
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Warbonnet now makes an XL zippered travel net for 11' hammocks. https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/product/travel-net/
    The Warbonnet Travel Net XL won't fit most 11' hammocks. It fits the Traveler XL perfectly, but the Traveler XL is shorter than 11' due to the whipped ends, and it also has a lot less sag then most other hammocks. You can put the net on an 11' hammock with an 83% ridgeline, but the ends will poke out of the openings, and your underquilt will probably be compressed to some degree.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    The Warbonnet Travel Net XL won't fit most 11' hammocks. It fits the Traveler XL perfectly, but the Traveler XL is shorter than 11' due to the whipped ends, and it also has a lot less sag then most other hammocks. You can put the net on an 11' hammock with an 83% ridgeline, but the ends will poke out of the openings, and your underquilt will probably be compressed to some degree.
    This is straight from the WB website:

"The Travel net is a separate item bug net that attaches onto our Traveler hammocks turning them into a mosquito hammock, It fits any end-gathered hammock up to a 10’ body w/101” ridgeline length. The Travel Net XL is designed for an 11’ hammock."

If the Travel XL net was only intended to be used with the Traveler XL hammock, I'm sure WB would have said so in the description. I could be wrong, but it appears the XL net should work with any 11' hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    You are free to order a Travel Net XL and make your own experiences. I can only tell you mine. I own almost the complete range of Warbonnet gear, including the Travel Sock XL, which is the same size as the Travel Net XL. I have tried using it on several 11' hammocks and I would not recommend buying one for a non-Warbonnet 11' hammock. It will probably fit a standard 10.5' hammock, though.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    You are free to order a Travel Net XL and make your own experiences. I can only tell you mine. I own almost the complete range of Warbonnet gear, including the Travel Sock XL, which is the same size as the Travel Net XL. I have tried using it on several 11' hammocks and I would not recommend buying one for a non-Warbonnet 11' hammock. It will probably fit a standard 10.5' hammock, though.
    I don't need a travel net- as I use an integrated system. But perhaps WB should update the verbiage on their website- if the Travel Net XL doesn't really work well with 11' hammocks. The way they have it worded makes it sound like it should work with pretty much any 11' hammock. But they list the ridgeline of the Traveler XL at 112". Most other 11' hammocks have a 110" ridgeline. If the Travel Net XL is designed for a hammock with a longer span, what exactly causes issues for hammocks with 110" ridgelines?

The other option for the OP would be to purchase the standard Travel Net from WB, and then get the Travel Extenders from 2QZQ.
    Last edited by rweb82; 03-19-2019 at 13:18.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    But they list the ridgeline of the Traveler XL at 112". Most other 11' hammocks have a 110" ridgeline. If the Travel Net XL is designed for a hammock with a longer span, what exactly causes issues for hammocks with 110" ridgelines?

The other option for the OP would be to purchase the standard Travel Net from WB, and then get the Travel Extenders from 2QZQ.
    The Traveler XL has a ridgeline length of 112" but a hammock body length of about 123" after whipping. I measured the maximum depth at about 29". The problem of using the Travel Net XL with a 132" hammock that has a 110" ridgeline is not so much length, but the maximum depth of about 33.5". I cannot remember how tight the sock was, but depending on the loft of your underquilt, you will be missing a couple of inches. I'm not sure if you can fix this issue with the Travel Extenders. If it was me, I would not buy the Travel Net XL for a non-Warbonnet hammock. Their dimensions are simply too unique.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    The Traveler XL has a ridgeline length of 112" but a hammock body length of about 123" after whipping. I measured the maximum depth at about 29". The problem of using the Travel Net XL with a 132" hammock that has a 110" ridgeline is not so much length, but the maximum depth of about 33.5". I cannot remember how tight the sock was, but depending on the loft of your underquilt, you will be missing a couple of inches. I'm not sure if you can fix this issue with the Travel Extenders. If it was me, I would not buy the Travel Net XL for a non-Warbonnet hammock. Their dimensions are simply too unique.
    The possible issue of not having enough space between the hammock and the bottom of the net makes more sense to me- if the hammock has more sag. But your original statement was that the ends of other 11' hammocks would poke out of the openings of the XL net. And if that was an issue, the Travel Extenders would certainly fix it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast