I've used little squares of Dyneema, and I've also used a double layer of sil. Attached on the underside of the tarp. I did a box stitch.
I've had plenty of wind testing time, and never noticed any stress to the fabric with these.
DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.
For more strength, I'd make it bigger (to distribute stress over a larger area), adding (smaller and concentric) layers as necessary, to feather the force as it were.
Have you had trouble with yours?
I found this thread earlier today and have gotten a lot of information from it.
I hope it is as helpful to you as it was to me.
Completed the sewing but haven't sil'd the tarp yet.
Ended up changing the process from my original drawing. Sewed each half of the tarp before putting them together. Folded grosgrain ribbon into all the rolled hems, for strength, and didn't use reinforcement patches at the tie outs. Added mosquito net line pockets on the underside of the tie out points.
Knotty, the tarp turned out beautiful. Congrats on all the hard work. It will serve you well for years to come.
Ambulo tua ambulo.
Very nice looking tarp and I really like the locking guyline adjustments at the pull outs.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand - Robert Hunter