Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jaape View Post
    The European page doesn't show inconsistent values. It lists 120-inch x 75-inch in both sections.
    I can measure the length when I get home. The width is not that easy to measure.
    Hanna from amok told me the smaller dimensions are correct..... 112 x 63....

Hoping shes mistaken

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    Hanna from amok told me the smaller dimensions are correct..... 112 x 63....

Hoping shes mistaken
    I used a tape measure to do the measuring so it’s not 100 % accurate. I however managed to measure the width 87 cm and the length 304 cm. So I’d say Hanna is mistaken or they sell different Segl outside europe, which I doubt.

I took some pictures of my measurings, but I couldn’t upload them with my phone.
    Edit. Here’s a google photos link https://photos.app.goo.gl/SX2gGzNChkYB7nHL6
    Last edited by jaape; 04-23-2019 at 14:54.

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    I'd just love an answer from the Amok folks

the description page says it's 120 inch x 75 inch, but hammock specs further down says 112 inch x 63 inch
    Btw, I just checked the US, European, German and Finnish stores and they all list the same size in both description and technical specs (which is the larger one). Are you sure your browser is not caching something, or can it be you are viewing some other version than the ones available from navigating through the store?

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jaape View Post
    Btw, I just checked the US, European, German and Finnish stores and they all list the same size in both description and technical specs (which is the larger one). Are you sure your browser is not caching something, or can it be you are viewing some other version than the ones available from navigating through the store?

it was showing the different dimensions on the same page, so can't be a caching issue

I suspect it was mid-update though, as looking this morning shows just the larger size

troubling that an Amok rep would tell me it was the smaller size thou

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My Segl is about 124" (315cm) end buckle to buckle. stretched out flat.
    75" wide. (190cm)

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Amok dramur xl
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    Fjol xl pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    124 from buckle to buckle would be about right for a 112” hammock.

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by 11x View Post
    124 from buckle to buckle would be about right for a 112” hammock.
    The buckle straps are only 2.5 inch long. Edit. I’m so bad with imperial system
    7D1A2A67-F1DD-4030-A211-00D416EC0588.jpg
    Last edited by jaape; 04-24-2019 at 11:52.

Just an FYI.. I recently ordered an XL and a regular Draumr. I have been hammock camping for years, have two Hennessy's, Warbonnet Blackbird and XLC , two Chameleons and even a Tensile Stingray.

The XL arrived and the next day I took into the backyard to get familiar with it before taking it out on a trip. I really liked how everything was packaged and looked. I set it up for the first time, checking the trees and surrounding area, eyeballing everything, flipped up the foot area and sat back. I swings quit a bit. I knew it would more so than with a gathered end hammock. I had to wait quite a while til it leveled out and stopped. When it did it was comfortable and wonderful...until..... So, I noticed I was sitting a little low and leaning to the right. I pulled it up to have a seated position and then began to exit in order to fix it. The hammock will swing again when you exit. When it did, it caught hold of something (only thing I could find was a raise in an tree root) and all I heard was a "rip" sound. My heart sunk. I got out to find a foot and a half tear in the nylon fabric. It did not puncture the inflatable sleeping pad. I think it caught and when with the swing and weight, it just ran.

I contacted Amok. They responded quickly. I provided a photo and explanation of what happened with my two order numbers, so they could see one was still in transit and the damaged one had only arrived the day prior. I pointed out the fact that this hammock swings instead of sways like a gathered end hammock and I felt that 1. the consumer needed to be aware of the bottom is very vulnerable because of the swing. 2. The bottom should be made, at least the leg portion, of a more durable and resilient material. Nylon Ripstop 70D on a gathered end hammock maybe alright, but on this design their is more force, their for it is a design/ material flaw. 3. Their 100% Satisfaction (I totally understand that in most situation that just means undamaged).

Although they said they heard what I was saying. They would not take back the hammock because it was now damaged. They contend that there is no design flaw and said any nylon that gets caught will rip. I totally agree, that is why the bottom needs extra protection of some kind. They don't see it that way.

So, I am sending back the second Draumr and will have to repair the damaged XL. I plan on taping and seam sealing the other side. After drying for a day or so, remove the tape and repeat on the other side. Then using some kind of rubber spray, like Plasti Dip, spraying a protective layer over the leg portion of the bottom.

This was a long post I know,,, Just wanted everyone to know to be extra careful, the bottom is vulnerable.

Happy hanging

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    you got unlucky and ripped a new hammock.

sucks, but the fault is yours, not the hammock

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Come on!!! You had some bad luck, your hammock got injured.
    Suck it up, it can never be Amok's fault...
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast