Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I dun know,,, My pay check is direct deposited at Academy and Bass Pro Shops,,,,
    Well - seems the double one-finger salute is displaying a poor attitude - like too many today who believe my money is their money. ; - )

So you go fishin, hammockin n' four-wheelin - while I work, You smile while doin it and thinkin about the salute you delivered while soliciting money.

Just sayin -

Atlas Shrugged

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Yep,,,, I really stand on the street corner soliciting,,,, and gettin your TARP money....
    surely you know, that the picture is only a JOKE.....

I didin't think folks thought it was for real.....
    Last edited by Randy; 03-12-2010 at 14:10.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidWa View Post

Dropped $1500 to send my son to BSA National Jamboree this July. Does that count ?

D
    Counts "big time". Been there, done that twice for boys, and I'm heading out in mid JUly for staff service. Another $700 in the pot.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yep,,,, I really stand on the street corner soliciting,,,, and gettin your TARP money....
    surely you know, that the picture is only a JOKE.....

I didin't think folks thought it was for real.....
    Hey Man. I'm just pullin yer leg. ; - ) By picking on the unintended way the sign was being held.

Years ago someone took a picture of several guys I used to ride motorcycles with sitting around a gas station somewhere in the mid-west where they had stopped to gas up and take a break during a cross country ride. The picture was later presented to them with the caption " Vagrants bumming gas money for their BMW motorcycles". The picture remained in the mc shop till it closed as a fun topic of conversation.

If ya can't have some fun with pictures why get out of the hammock? Which I am sure was you're intent with the picture. I took it as such. And did not intent to imply I thought you were being serious. Sometimes my attempt at humor falls the wrong way especially minus that 90% of communication which comes from body language and voice tone. My apology.

I did have an interesting exchange today with a friend of 37 years since our time in the submarine service. He send me a video this morning of a bird fishing by dropping bits of bread in the water. The bird would actually pick up the bread and cast is again if he didn't get a bite right away. Do a google search on bird fishing with bread and you'll get several hits. Even hits of a crow using a 90 degree bent stick or wire to retrieve a small container from the bottom of a long glass tube.

I replied that it seems man is no longer distinguished as being the species which uses tools. His reply was that man has been redefined as the only species with members which are willing to pay others of their own kind not to work. I dunno maybe he is correct. If he is then I guess all of us are contributing to the economy by paying a wage to layabouts.

Have a laugh about or go mad.

D

Hammock
    10.5' DIY
    Tarp
    11x13 DIY Sil
    Insulation
    IX UQ, Down Bag TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Dutch/Whoopie
    Images
    Over the last 6 months I've managed to spend more money than I thought possible on my income.

So far I've spent a good 300 bucks on hammock stuff (and i'm still in need of more -homemade- gear!)

Just before that I had spent a fair chunk of money on various electronics -- video games, computer stuff, etc.

And before that I managed to spend 3000 on dirt bikes because I'm trying to help my friends understand the unlimited entertainment they constantly spew out -- meaning I had to buy two of them because none of my friends were willing to buy one for themselves, so now I have a loner.

So my bill of 'me-spending' has reached close to 4000 in the last 5 or 6 months, which for me is simply unheard of.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12