Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle

Getting ready to upgrade

I motocamp so space is a premium for me . I was wondering how small a econ 20 degree Burrow and UQ could be picked down to ?
    Thanks

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    If you use a compression bag you "can" get these quilts to a very small size but overly compressing down is detrimental to its ability to insulate.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    I mottocamp as well and use Wolfman Expedition Dry saddlebags. My HG Econ quilts, top and under, hammock and tarp all fit in one saddlebag. The quilts easily compress to a size somewhere between a grapefruit and a soccer ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I don't motocamp but I do backpack so weight and compressibility are both concerns, and I would recommend getting the premium quilts every time.

The main factor when it comes to compression is actually the shell material. Not a huge difference between 850 and 950fp down, but a very significant difference between 20D and 10d shell material. I've seen this personally with a couple of EE Enigmas of nearly identical spec except the shell material. But with the premium quilts you get both anyway, so there's a little more icing on a very good cake.

In the scheme of things, a very small investment that you will thank yourself for making every time you use them.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Thanks for the info everyone.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I don't think compressing the down is that big a deal if fluffed out on a daily basis. Even leaving overnight or two shouldn't be a big deal - like staying in town overnight. Wouldn't want to leave it compressed for longer than that, though.

What exactly does it go in for this Moto camp and is it waterproof? I find I get more actual room for other gear by letting the other gear compress into the down packed loosely in the pack. Since I'm a weekend camper, I can get away without it being in a waterproof bag since I probably know when its going to rain, but I do keep a bag in the bottom of my pack for that purpose if needed.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts