Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    You might be thinking of the Clark Fork of the Yellowstone which is north of Cody WY and flows up to meet the Yellowstone close to Billings. Mountain Wanderer is on the Clark Fork of the Columbia near the MT/ID border. Water on different sides of the divide headed for different oceans.
    Thanks, that's the one! I spent a day trout fishing there, which was an awesome experience. Except for one thing, I was nervous about Grizzly Bears. I left my wife in the motel and went to get the license and a local map. The man at the store asked "You know this is Grizzly country, right?". I said that I was, but I wasn't planning to go up into the wilderness areas. He told me they often had them getting into folks garbage right there in town ( Cody, I think it was ). He told me not to worry, just to keep a tree in sight for climbing if needed. So with that, I went back to the motel and got a weapon and put it in my daypack. Which upset my wife. When I parked, first thing I saw was a sign with a picture of a snarling griz, warning about their presence. As I walked up ad down the river, I tried to make plenty of noise ( I was alone ), but it was vary hard to relax and enjoy with all of those warnings. But it sure was a beautiful area. I hope to go back someday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great video. The narration gave it a sort of Richard Proenneke feel. Very enjoyable to watch.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    That trail sure is a beautifully groomed, its well taken care of. Somebody spends some serious time on its up keep iI'm sure. BTW, very nice video, thanks for taking us along.

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by peterock68 View Post
    Great video. The narration gave it a sort of Richard Proenneke feel. Very enjoyable to watch.
    Alone in the Wilderness! I need to find my DVD of that and watch it again. I absolutely love that show!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsguy View Post
    That trail sure is a beautifully groomed, its well taken care of. Somebody spends some serious time on its up keep iI'm sure. BTW, very nice video, thanks for taking us along.
    The trail was amazing. A fair amount of distance and there are just enough hills to keep it interesting.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12