Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox, Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    HummingbirdPelican
    Insulation
    SM Inferno 30
    Suspension
    Sierra Madre
    Honestly I'm a little bummed about the delay. I've backed a bunch of KS campaigns so I know the deal with late deliveries. Usually established companies that do KS campaigns deliver closer to predictions from my experience because they already have production lined up and aren't learning those processes and developing those production relationships on the fly. This one hurts me because I was planning on using the Ninox for my summer hiking trips. I bought a cheap Grand Trunk UL hammock to hold me over for what I thought was going to be a month or two but now I'll probably wind up buying another hammock that's better suited for my purposes to hold me over. I wasn't expecting to have to buy another stop gap so this will cost me some money.

I'm still excited about the Ninox. It seems to have the best of what I'm looking for. I love my SM under quilt and can't wait til I get the Ninox. Just wish it would arrive before the hiking season ended...

Hammock
    Dutchware Cameleon
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    CRO Fontana HG UQ
    Suspension
    MyersTech All-in-1
    Here is the email I received from Richard and team at SMr on the shipping info for the Ninox.

Hi Chris,

Finally! THE long-awaited Ninox Schedule Update.

It's been a crazy, frustration-filled journey, but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's a top-level look at the shipping schedule:

April 15th - Final adjustments were made to sewing line tooling and all product samples have been produced on the sewing line.

May 20th - All raw materials will be in the factory.

May 24th - TOP or FINAL samples are created for last check changes or adjustments.

June 1st - Cutting begins and Richard is in the factory.

July 1st - All manufacturing is complete, Goods ready for export pending vessel schedule.

August 2nd - 6th - Vessel arrives at port.

August 10th - Goods Cleared customs and in transit to PA Warehouse.

August 15th - Goods begin shipping to all Kickstarter Backers, Share Game Participants, and Preorders.
    ("Acts of God" are not accounted for in this schedule.)
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly SilTarp
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Update from SMR on their suspension. I wonder if the hole in the middle of the buckle is for a spreader bar? I'd imagine so. When I originally placed my order, I got a double hammock. I didn't realize how much extra weight this would add until afterward (almost a pound). I think this hammock is going to be huge both in weight and dimensions. I asked SMR if I could change it to a single. They did and refunded the difference no questions asked. So I do have to give them a thumbs up for customer service.
    Ninox-buckle.jpg

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox, Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    HummingbirdPelican
    Insulation
    SM Inferno 30
    Suspension
    Sierra Madre
    The new hardware does look really neat. I can't believe that no one has already done this. I think the Ninox will be a nice hammock once it finally arrives. With the delay, I went out and bought a Dream Hammock Darien to hold me over...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234