Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by madvr6 View Post
    If anybody has just the hammock they are thinking about sending back, let me know. I may be interested in buying. I don't need suspension or anything else.
    I think your best bet is just to buy one from the SMR website directly. If you don't want any of the add-ons, they're kind of cheap. It's $189 for just the hammock. I think they'll have plenty of these leftover once the initial waves of returns happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblade View Post
    I think your best bet is just to buy one from the SMR website directly. If you don't want any of the add-ons, they're kind of cheap. It's $189 for just the hammock. I think they'll have plenty of these leftover once the initial waves of returns happen.
    I think you are right...They actually have it for $169 with all the extras...and free shipping. Its "pre-order", but says will ship in August..?

https://sierramadreresearch.com/prod...12201168076901

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Look i'd just wait it out. The word on the street is that they are getting numerous returns. In a month or 2 you'll probably be able to pick one up at a real affordable price.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickl View Post
    Look i'd just wait it out. The word on the street is that they are getting numerous returns. In a month or 2 you'll probably be able to pick one up at a real affordable price.
    Good idea. I'm no hurry. Too hot down here to climb in a hammock.

I should probaly wait on more impressions from Kickstarter folks as well.

How hard would it be to replace the webbing that goes through the gathered end with a whoopie sling? What about replace the ridgeline?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    If anybody has just the hammock they are thinking about sending back, let me know. I may be interested in buying. I don't need suspension or anything else.
    I think your best bet is to just buy it from SMR directly. They'll have plenty I think (they'll at least have two extra from publicalias and me ). If you don't get any addons they're kinda cheap $189.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    How hard would it be to replace the webbing that goes through the gathered end with a whoopie sling? What about replace the ridgeline?
    I think you could suspend with a whoopie sling by tying the whoopie sling to the nylon webbing at the gathered end of the hammock using a larks head knot, then attach the whoopie sling to your tree hugger straps with a toggle. I'm not sure if you would want to cut out the nylon webbing gathered end. I can't tell if it's sewn into the end or not. You could also connect your whoopie sling with a small carabiner as well. The ridgeline I think would be impossible or at least not recommended to replace. It's deeply sewn into the hammock. I guess if you were skilled and careful you could do it, but it would then be difficult to anchor a new amsteel one. I think this is on purpose so they can sell you a bunch of accessories that only work with their ribbon style ridgeline.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblade View Post
    I think you could suspend with a whoopie sling by tying the whoopie sling to the nylon webbing at the gathered end of the hammock using a larks head knot, then attach the whoopie sling to your tree hugger straps with a toggle. I'm not sure if you would want to cut out the nylon webbing gathered end. I can't tell if it's sewn into the end or not. You could also connect your whoopie sling with a small carabiner as well. The ridgeline I think would be impossible or at least not recommended to replace. It's deeply sewn into the hammock. I guess if you were skilled and careful you could do it, but it would then be difficult to anchor a new amsteel one. I think this is on purpose so they can sell you a bunch of accessories that only work with their ribbon style ridgeline.
    Thanks for the input.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laochen1199 View Post
    You can check out the skyin hammock, which has a foot bag so you can lie flat on your lower body
    Attachment 174722
    I just ran across this on Amazon. I'm surprised they got a patent after Warbonnet has one for the same thing...or is that a gray area? That patent stuff is confusing.

https://www.amazon.com/Different-Ham.../dp/B07GC8JJ2V

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I just ran across this on Amazon. I'm surprised they got a patent after Warbonnet has one for the same thing...or is that a gray area? That patent stuff is confusing.

https://www.amazon.com/Different-Ham.../dp/B07GC8JJ2V
    I saw that on amazon the other day. Once again, another 9' 4" hammock for hipsters to hang out on campus with and take selfies.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast