Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    Are you within the return window? If so, send them back and check out the other vendors here. For example, the HG Econ Incubator 20F (std length + 1oz overstuff) weighs the same as the OV UQ, and is almost $20 cheaper than the OV. Even the Econ Burrow 0F is cheaper than the OV TQ. You just missed the HG sale (ended yesterday), so I think the prices I found are current.
    I think HG extended that sale through 6/7.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I actually purchased a HG Burrow and Incubator (Economy) and caught them on sale. I’m looking forward to seeing the comparison but obviously in no hurry since temps have been approaching triple digits here in Florida for the last two weeks. Overall the the construction of the Outdoor Vitals quilts look good but obviously untested but my compliant is the thickness and the amount of stuffing is nowhere near what I’ve seen in 0 degree systems where I can’t help but think they were mislabeled, and the upside down logo looks ridiculous on the under quilt, I can’t imagine they did this on purpose. I’m still waiting to hear back from them and I’m willing to give them a chance to make it right as I could use multiple sets of gear for my kids but I’d be cautious not to use their 0 degree equipment below 30 degrees. It’s almost as though they are C rated instead of F. Very light though, I’ll give them that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Hanger View Post
    I just received my Outdoor Vitals StormLoft 0 degree top quilt and a StormLoft 15 degree under quilt and was very disappointed in the amount of fill in these items and I can’t really tell a difference in the 0 to the 15. I’m guessing the 0 degree top quilt might keep me warm down to 40 degrees but even that is iffy due to my 40 degree Marmot quilt is twice as lofty and 40 is pushing it for that one.

Unfortunately I didn’t read this post until after I made the purchase and after seeing the products I went looking to see if anyone else had the same experience and concern as I did. Yeah I was trying to cheap out and it looks like the consensus is clear.

The other issue is with the underquilt attachment cords, I have no idea how they were intending this to work. As soon as you pull a little on the shock cords they pull out of the cord stops and the quilt hits the ground. There’s only about a foot of cord on each side but who knows, maybe I’m missing something. Not only that, the logo is upside down on the underquilt making me think that I’ve done something wrong but it can only go one way or else the logo is on the inside... sheesh.

I sent them an email and am waiting for their reply and I think it’s only fair to give them a chance to respond and make it right. If nothing else hopefully they’ll do the right thing and accept my return as nothing was special ordered. I’ll let you know how it goes.
    You can return the item alright, but you have to pay for the shipping again, so if you are living outside of USA more bucks out of your pocket.

Thanks for the heads up. I recently came across a ad on youtube for that company, and was thinking about giving them a look. It is good to hear from people who have experience with companies that advertise like that.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I actually backed the storm loft jacket on Kickstarter. It came in and I think it’ll be a good hiking jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    I actually backed the storm loft jacket on Kickstarter. It came in and I think it’ll be a good hiking jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Glad you got something you like from them. I think as you have seen through this thread though, they are just a terrible company who outsourced their operation to China and has no real quality control on their operation. Just a horrible front really not even a company - really just another drop shipper.
    This is what is wrong in this industry IMHO - ohh gone are the days of great Co-Ops

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by GilligansWorld View Post
    Glad you got something you like from them. I think as you have seen through this thread though, they are just a terrible company who outsourced their operation to China and has no real quality control on their operation. Just a horrible front really not even a company - really just another drop shipper.
    This is what is wrong in this industry IMHO - ohh gone are the days of great Co-Ops

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't get any hammock gear from them or trust the temp ratings, but I am hopeful the jacket works out. Now we just need an UP jacket from Dutch.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunder/Mtn fly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/EEEnigma
    Suspension
    DClips/BeatleBuckl
    Quote Originally Posted by 11x View Post
    I bought from them. 2 sleeping bags and an under quilt. Yes they are low quality, and low price to reflect that. I can’t say I was disappointed because I pretty much knew what I was buying. For me at that time it was a sound decision. I was trying to see if I could sleep on my back in a hammock full time. Theirs products served their purpose for me.
    This was my experience also. I purchased one of their convertible sleeping bag/top quilt/underquilts. Its not my Wookie or my EE quality but it still gets used by my son from time to time. Personally mine is not bad quality but its not super lightweight cottage vendor quality.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I have an 11 foot hex tarp from OV. It held up fine for the past couple of years and remains waterproof. I upgraded to a 12 foot tarp from Dutch and use that more but the OV tarp is fine for me. I usually camp from my kayak so weight isn't that important.

I probably wouldn't buy any insulation from them and definitely wouldn't buy a hammock but the tarp worked out great and was less than half the price of anything from a cottage vendor.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Outdoor Vitals, a BAD experience.

When I was first getting into hammock camping, I got caught up in their YT campaign. I needed an inexpensive bag, so I ended up buying one of the 15d bags and a sleeping bag liner during one of their "sales." I use it as a loaner bag now. My 24 year old daughter used it during a recent canoe camping trip and commented (several times) about the nice sleeping bag she was using. Temps only got down in the upper 40s though and she had a good pad. So I guess it is ok for how I am using it. I had no idea that it could be purchased for less elsewhere. For myself, I went with WB, HG and AHE - very satisfied with all of them; great quality, features and performance.
    Last edited by TrailBlaser; 08-14-2019 at 22:43.
    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
    - Henry David Thoreau

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast