Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various

Sunset Saddle Bag and CPAP

I've been taking my Turtledog and a hammock to a convention that I work every extended Easter weekend for a few years now and have found that my biggest complaint has been stretching my CPAP hose from the hotel room furniture into my hammock has been inconvenient (at best).
    I stumbled across the SSB thread and thought it might be the answer so I had SLD make me one in noseeum mesh.
    I attached it to my Dutchware Chameleon with topcover put the CPAP inside, ran the power cord in one side, the hose out the other side, and into the hammock ..... wow, it was like a world of difference for me.
    Now to decide if I want to do another one for camping or try something else. Hmmm, it works nicely, so move this one between my camping hammock and my convention hammock, or order another one ....

Solving one problem only to create another?

Thank you Papatechie and Jared!

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Amazing story for you and potentially others with that same condition! Thanks for sharing and that sounds like an awesome application that I wouldn't have thought of... hats off to you!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had wondered if there was some way to have my CPAP in my hammock while keeping it stable enough that water wouldn't leak out the reservoir into the machine. Did the machine feel really stable, not tilting around or anything?

Also, this is off-topic, but do you use a battery for your machine when camping? So far I haven't used mine camping except when I'm someplace I can plug it in (like when I'm hammock camping alongside my parents' RV), but obviously it's not great to just not use my machine for days on end.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Bansheekitty .... there are a couple of threads here on that topic, should be easy enough to find. The answer is that it is possible, practical and be prepared that you won't be able to go to your CPAP supplier for the answers. I have a 4.5# battery that lasts for almost 2 weeks in the field, this makes it practical for pretty much any of my wilderness trips.

Brian

Cool, thanks for the response. I guess 4.5 lbs isn't too bad.

Hammock
    switchback
    Cruiser.....do you have specifics on your cpap set up you would share?
    Battery, invertor, etc?
    Thank you in advance

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    It did seem stable, but I've discovered that I can't stand putting water in mine. That added moisture in the air I breathe leaves me feeling worse than without the CPAP the following day. No heat, no moisture and I'm good.

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    I'm also thinking that the addition of a 4 to 5 # battery along with water (in addition to the weight of the CPAP itself) inside the SSB might pull a little too much to easily zip a topcover. More experimentation needed!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Maybe I missed some posts on the subject of CPAP's and batteries. The last I read there was not a battery that lasted more than two nights without a recharge that was suitabe to backpacking.

Costs for batteries were also a problem for some folks.

I am sure several members would welcome further discussion.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LTMillar View Post
    I've been taking my Turtledog and a hammock to a convention that I work every extended Easter weekend for a few years now and have found that my biggest complaint has been stretching my CPAP hose from the hotel room furniture into my hammock has been inconvenient (at best).
    I stumbled across the SSB thread and thought it might be the answer so I had SLD make me one in noseeum mesh.
    I attached it to my Dutchware Chameleon with topcover put the CPAP inside, ran the power cord in one side, the hose out the other side, and into the hammock ..... wow, it was like a world of difference for me.
    Now to decide if I want to do another one for camping or try something else. Hmmm, it works nicely, so move this one between my camping hammock and my convention hammock, or order another one ....

Solving one problem only to create another?

Thank you Papatechie and Jared!
    @LTMillar this post really does need some pictures. Could you please take some the next time you are out?
    We have many CPAP user here and your tips and tricks could help many.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast