Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    They may not sell it anymore. It came in camo and I don't see any camo on their site. But it was probably as big as the Safari. They both begin with "S" so maybe it was Safari. I just remember it was BIG relative to the Expedition.

To minimize comments about that slack tarp ridge line in second photo - it was a late night "car camp" where I just had to throw it up quick and planned to be out of the site by 7 AM the next morning.

Attachment 174556

Was it comfy? My Safari is! I think it is about 12 ft long! Lots of sag. Check out how high that RL is above my 6'1" self:

Last edited by BillyBob58; 05-04-2019 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfishrepeat View Post
    I have been researching the Hennessy expedition zip. Is it a good hammock for a beginner? Will it last? Will the included fly be big enough to keep me dry? Or should I upgrade to a bigger fly. Thanks for your help
    I'm 5'9" and find the Expedition barely long enough. If you're six feet, go with the Explorer instead.

You ask if it will last. My Expedition was bought in 2014 and is still going strong. It's got a few stains, but that's it. Hennessy's hammocks and related gear are definitely well made and will last. They're not the lightest things around, but they're solid.

A lot of folks don't like the default asym tarp, but used correctly it works well. I went through several rains in mine and never got wet. I upgraded to the larger hex tarp, though, because I wanted to have more coverage for my pack and related gear, which the asym doesn't do well. As has already been pointed out, if you order from their website, I believe you can upgrade the tarp for no extra cost.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    BillyBob58 - here it is: https://ca.hennessyhammock.com/produ...ticam-camo-zip

Yes - very comfortable. Not that the Expedition was uncomfortable. The only problem with the Survivor was I needed to use my GPS to find out where I was - it was that big - 13ft.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12