Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch

What color top cover?

I have a burnt orange Dutchware Chameleon that I'm wanting to get a top cover for. Looking for suggestions on what color?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Images
    I'm retired and love sleeping in so black is the only top cover I like.

Images
    One of my Chameleons is charcoal gray, and I chose burnt orange for the top cover and sidecar. I like that combo.

My other Chameleon is brick red and I chose titanium gray for the top cover and sidecar.

So my suggestion for what it's worth would be either charcoal gray or titanium gray (which is a little lighter in color than the charcoal). Either of those will look nice with your burnt orange hammock body.

If you like color and want even more contrast, brilliant blue or Moroccan blue also look good with orange, but those color combos have a little too much sports team affiliation for my tastes. I see you're a fellow Illinoisian, so the Moroccan blue and burnt orange immediately becomes a "Bears hammock" in my mind.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 05-03-2019 at 22:49.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    One of my Chameleons is charcoal gray, and I chose burnt orange for the top cover and sidecar. I like that combo.

My other Chameleon is brick red and I chose titanium gray for the top cover and sidecar.

So my suggestion for what it's worth would be either charcoal gray or titanium gray (which is a little lighter in color than the charcoal). Either of those will look nice with your burnt orange hammock body.

If you like color and want even more contrast, brilliant blue or Moroccan blue also look good with orange, but those color combos have a little too much sports team affiliation for my tastes. I see you're a fellow Illinoisian, so the Moroccan blue and burnt orange immediately becomes a "Bears hammock" in my mind.
    I'm glad you have this color combo because it's what I was thinking about. I'll probably go with a gray. Not a sports fan, so no Bears colors for me

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Some people want to blend (dark forest colors, camo, etc.) others what to be seen (found) so bright colors. For me, if I can see a camp setup, I am more prone to avoid it. I'd tell myself that dark colors would dry faster in the sunlight - and they wiil - but probably the time difference is trivial. One tarp manufacturer recommended lighter colors (gray instead of black, etc.) because if you have to spend some time under the tarp (prolong rain), it is less gloomy with bright colors.

I'm envious of those whose psychology allows them to go for bright purple or rainbow. I just couldn't do it. Like walking by a Miata - so cute and fun looking, but I just couldn't buy one. Impractical for my locations and adventures.

But I did have WildernessLogics make me a "big" (for Ridge Runner) tarp that is black and gray. I figured I'd put the backside towards where I wanted privacy and the gray side would most likely be my porch mode side.

So there's another idea - you don't need to pick one color for the whole tarp.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Circus Pink!

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    I’ve seen pictures of the burnt orange with a yellow top cover, and it looks great...especially in the fall when the colors are changing. You may have to copy and paste this link to see the photo. I like my stealthy Dark Olive with camp top, BUT, if I were to buy another one, it would be the burnt orange/yellow

https://images.app.goo.gl/psrdR5Xx7hsCpuTD8

Hammock
    Wbbb, chameleon, Darian
    Tarp
    Dutch tarp,minifly
    Insulation
    Jacks
    Lime green
    We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    i have seen printed tarps with boundary water maps printed on them, i thought that would be a pretty cool idea.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Some people want to blend (dark forest colors, camo, etc.) others what to be seen (found) so bright colors. For me, if I can see a camp setup, I am more prone to avoid it. I'd tell myself that dark colors would dry faster in the sunlight - and they wiil - but probably the time difference is trivial. One tarp manufacturer recommended lighter colors (gray instead of black, etc.) because if you have to spend some time under the tarp (prolong rain), it is less gloomy with bright colors.

I'm envious of those whose psychology allows them to go for bright purple or rainbow. I just couldn't do it. Like walking by a Miata - so cute and fun looking, but I just couldn't buy one. Impractical for my locations and adventures.

But I did have WildernessLogics make me a "big" (for Ridge Runner) tarp that is black and gray. I figured I'd put the backside towards where I wanted privacy and the gray side would most likely be my porch mode side.

So there's another idea - you don't need to pick one color for the whole tarp.
    Top cover, not a tarp

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast