Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Although I am new to hammocking, I will concur with others, save your money and get a good underquilt. I also have the Hammock Gear Econ Incubator and love it. It took me a while to save up for it, but it was well worth it.

If you camp already you may have some things to help already. I used my sleeping pad in my hammock. My middle son has also use a USGI poncho liner, and used the no sew option. https://theultimatehang.com/2013/01/...ew-and-no-sew/

Craziest thing used for insulation I've seen is leaves. I had a pad for middle son to use, but it got colder than anticipated. Both my and his buddy who was also hammocking didn't have warm enough gear for the unexpected cold front.They started piling on leaves underneath and on the sides of their hammocks and were comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Your head/neck are kept warm by wearing a warm hat and hood. I also use a small pillow. There are many options for a pillow - sometimes a fleece top, sometimes my extra socks/shirt in a stuff sack, or sometimes just a piece of open cell foam. I also use a sleeping bag with a hood when below about 40F.
    That makes sense, thanks! Do you use a sleeping bag AND a top quilt, or is a sleeping bag enough on top? Do you use anything on top besides clothes when it's above 40 F?

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I use a sleeping bag, but it is bulky, I am hoping to find a good top quilt soon

Quote Originally Posted by thatsiebguy View Post
    I'm still new at this, so take this with a grain, but I picked up A Crua Quilt to try out as a cheap summer quilt for $59: https://www.cruaoutdoors.com/products/crua-quilt?

The OneTigiris Underquilt has been making the review rounds for a while now for $65: https://www.onetigris.com/catalog/product/view/id/154

Though I agree with others, if you're serious about hammock camping, then save for one of the HammockGear quilts and cry once.
    BOCO, buy once cry once haha, one of the saddest acronyms I've learned here

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I'd advise against the OneTigris. I bought one of those as my very first hammock underquilt but returned it after one use. It didn't allow me to get into a comfortable diagonal.

If budget was the biggest factor, I'd recommend the Snugpak underblanket over the OneTigris, but the OP mentioned lightweight and small packed volume, and the Snugpak is pretty poor in both of those categories. It is comfortable though and warm enough for 1-3 season use, depending on how cold a sleeper you are. It's full length, also.
    I looked into the Snugpak and almost pulled the trigger but decided not to because of the weight and size, thanks for the tips though!

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Check out hang time shop on etsy!!! Just found it tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer6 View Post
    Although I am new to hammocking, I will concur with others, save your money and get a good underquilt. I also have the Hammock Gear Econ Incubator and love it. It took me a while to save up for it, but it was well worth it.

If you camp already you may have some things to help already. I used my sleeping pad in my hammock. My middle son has also use a USGI poncho liner, and used the no sew option. https://theultimatehang.com/2013/01/...ew-and-no-sew/

Craziest thing used for insulation I've seen is leaves. I had a pad for middle son to use, but it got colder than anticipated. Both my and his buddy who was also hammocking didn't have warm enough gear for the unexpected cold front.They started piling on leaves underneath and on the sides of their hammocks and were comfy.
    Haha, maybe I'll just use leaves for all of my insulation needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    Check out hang time shop on etsy!!! Just found it tonight!!!
    Just checked it out, nice stuff!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nateweger View Post
    Just checked it out, nice stuff!
    Those are just Costco down-throws at a jacked-up price.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Those are just Costco down-throws at a jacked-up price.
    Also great to know, probably wouldn't buy something that doesn't have reviews all over the internet anyway

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast