BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy

Quilt mated to hammock

The Trail Lair tie outs align almost perfectly with the plastic rings on a HG Incubator. Anyone else rig it like this?? Wondering if this would work on other hammocks that have tie outs? 100_4200.jpg

Images
    I'm always leery of attaching the UQ to the hammock using anything other than the primary suspension. I've never accidentally sat in the underquilt (so far) but it's definitely something that can happen. If it ever does, I want the elasticity of the primary suspension to allow the UQ to go all the way to the ground. If it's attached to the hammock which isn't going to stretch, then accidentally sitting in the UQ means something is likely to tear.

Just something to think about. Otherwise it's a convenient rigging method.

I like the way you rigged the loop of the knot around the knot itself. That might actually protect against the sort of failure I described, assuming that's shock cord.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I'm always leery of attaching the UQ to the hammock using anything other than the primary suspension. I've never accidentally sat in the underquilt (so far) but it's definitely something that can happen. If it ever does, I want the elasticity of the primary suspension to allow the UQ to go all the way to the ground. If it's attached to the hammock which isn't going to stretch, then accidentally sitting in the UQ means something is likely to tear.

Just something to think about. Otherwise it's a convenient rigging method.

I like the way you rigged the loop of the knot around the knot itself. That might actually protect against the sort of failure I described, assuming that's shock cord.
    Yes, it's shockcord, important that it is because of hammock swing/movement. Point taken about accidently sitting into UQ. I went back and re-rigged it. 100_4205.jpg 100_4204.jpg Instead of larksheading thru both plastic rings, only lark the hammock ring and then just pass the ground stake end of the tie out thru the UQ ring and then stake it out. Should you sit in the UQ it would simply slide safely to the ground.
    For those with UQ slippage problems they could use this on the shoulder side and footside. No clips or other hardware needed.

Hammock
    TE, LSOH, Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Custom RSBTR, WBTF
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, AHE
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I've done it many times, and it actually helps with the diagonal a bit. Never had an issue sitting in my UQ, having it attached seems to keep them together in a way that it's never created a problem.
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist