Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner65 View Post
    What tensor size/shape do you have?
    25 inch rectangular. The width is great - properly supports my shoulders

  2. #22
    TrailBlaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Brewster NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 4estTrekker View Post
    I agree. I experimented with GE hammocks for over a year and never had a single good night sleep in one. Then I started tinkering with bridges with better success but never had that “AHA!” moment till I decided on a whim to try my Klymit Insulated Static V in it. BOOM! Game changer. Just last night I tried my son’s ultralight Static V, which is narrower and tapered, and it wasn’t nearly as comfortable. It didn’t open the hammock up like the full size version and created a tippy feeling as I constantly found myself shifting to the outside of the pad. My setup is isn’t super light, but I sleep like I’m on a cloud.
    Last year was my first season with the RR. I have a DL and used the Klymit insulated Static V that I had with a military casualty blanket as bottom insulation and a Pine Down Blanket with a Costco down blanket (when needed) along with the Spindrift sock in the shoulder seasons. That setup worked fine, but I want to eliminate the pad to save some weight and bulk, so I got a HG 20d econ burrow TQ and a Ridge Creek XL UQ. First time using both in the Adirondacks will be next weekend.

    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    TrailSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Posts
    7,202
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    Four of us just hiked the Foothills Trail the first week of May, and I took my bridge along despite the weight penalty of the spreader bars. I slept well every night and was glad I had it.
    Has anyone weighed a gathered end with a 20° under quit and then the Ridgerunner with the Lynx? Since the Lynx is so much smaller there has to be some weight saving there so the Ridgerunner may not be the weight penalty that we all think it is.

  4. #24
    cmc4free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    756
    Images
    47
    A full length 20° Lynx is 17.25 oz
    A 20° Wooki XL is 21.5 oz

    Ridgerunner single layer 30D with net and spreader bars is 29.75 oz
    Single layer Blackbird XLC is 21.75 oz

    Ridgerunner with Lynx = 47 oz
    Blackbird XLC with Wooki = 43.25 oz

    Of course there are endless combinations of specific hammocks and quilts you could compare, some certainly lighter than others. But your point is shown here... The smaller UQ footprint for a RR could basically offset the weight difference between the RR and a non-ultralight GE hammock setup.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 05-18-2019 at 13:52.

  5. #25
    cmc4free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    756
    Images
    47
    On the other hand...

    Dutch Half-Wit in Hexon 1.0 = 10 oz
    Hammock Gear premium Phoenix 20° 950FP = 14.75 oz

    Total = 24.75 oz which is 5 oz lighter than just the lightest single layer Ridgerunner with net.

    Add a torso length 20° Lynx at 12.8 oz and the RR setup comes out to 42.5 oz.

    Just about the lightest setup for a netted Ridgerunner and partial length 3 season UQ = 42.5 oz (without switching to carbon fiber spreader bars)

    Just about the lightest setup for a netted GE hammock and partial length 3 season UQ = 24.75 oz

    Almost 1lb 2 oz difference.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 05-18-2019 at 14:05.

  6. #26
    TrailSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Posts
    7,202
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    A full length 20° Lynx is 17.25 oz
    A 20° Wooki XL is 21.5 oz

    Ridgerunner single layer 30D with net and spreader bars is 29.75 oz
    Single layer Blackbird XLC is 21.75 oz

    Ridgerunner with Lynx = 47 oz
    Blackbird XLC with Wooki = 43.25 oz

    Of course there are endless combinations of specific hammocks and quilts you could compare, some certainly lighter than others. But your point is shown here... The smaller UQ footprint for a RR could basically offset the weight difference between the RR and a non-ultralight GE hammock setup.
    Great information. ~ 4oz. I can handle that

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Hammock
    WBBBXL
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by kentmatt View Post
    25 inch rectangular. The width is great - properly supports my shoulders
    Great Thanks!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by 4estTrekker View Post
    I agree. I experimented with GE hammocks for over a year and never had a single good night sleep in one. Then I started tinkering with bridges with better success but never had that “AHA!” moment till I decided on a whim to try my Klymit Insulated Static V in it. BOOM! Game changer. Just last night I tried my son’s ultralight Static V, which is narrower and tapered, and it wasn’t nearly as comfortable. It didn’t open the hammock up like the full size version and created a tippy feeling as I constantly found myself shifting to the outside of the pad. My setup is isn’t super light, but I sleep like I’m on a cloud.
    This was my experience. I used the klymit v luxe. Unreal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Has anyone weighed a gathered end with a 20° under quit and then the Ridgerunner with the Lynx? Since the Lynx is so much smaller there has to be some weight saving there so the Ridgerunner may not be the weight penalty that we all think it is.
    It isn’t that much heavier. It gets me when people talk about the “weight” of the ridgerunner. I think for what ya get in comfort a few more ounces is nothin


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Hammock
    WBBBXL
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    It isn’t that much heavier. It gets me when people talk about the “weight” of the ridgerunner. I think for what ya get in comfort a few more ounces is nothin


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are those that get caught up on every gram. As long as my base is less than 15lbs Im GTG. As I stand my base is around 12lbs with the RR and factory bars. I ok with the trade off on the extra pound. I hike much better rested regardless of the weight of my pack. I never hike more than 10-20 miles a day over a weekend so Im no long distance thru hiker just a weekend warrior.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: Case xx Changer 18335
      By Wolfie in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-17-2017, 07:52
    2. ENO is stepping up their game
      By Roundtrip Raven in forum Eagles Nest Hammocks
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 09-23-2016, 22:23
    3. NEW TO THE GAME!!
      By nasser.najjar in forum Introduce Yourself
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-03-2015, 16:38
    4. Hammock camping is a complete game changer
      By Full_timer in forum Introduce Yourself
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 07-07-2012, 18:42
    5. Ok, I'm all in. Game ON.
      By NCPatrick in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 03-16-2007, 06:50

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •