Tarp
    4 SLD's and HG CF
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, EE
    Suspension
    straps - whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Just as easy to use, if not easier.
    Check out this thread with videos and info how you can buy them from a forum member in good standing. I have the ridgeline from Ann Marie and she's a pleasure to deal with.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...umn-Ultralight
    Thanks for referencing that thread. Just got back from a couple days in the woods using Ann Marie's ridgeline system with nano claws. I like simple and easy and I'm knot challenged. The button knot at the end is a thing of beauty and the claws kept everything tight. I highly recommend it!
    Last edited by michigandave; 05-20-2019 at 11:53.
    Proud member of the North County Trail Association
    Michigandave Photo Albums on Flickr
    Trip Report: 2019 Green Timbers Hang
    Upcoming Michigan Hangs: 6th Annual Gluttony Hang near Gaylord, Michigan October 24-27, 2019 (new date)

Hammock
    DH Sparrow and Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD : HG : UGQ
    Insulation
    HG : SLD
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jdarrow86 View Post
    I am not familiar with those toggles. How easy are those to use compared to the dutch hook and the wasp? I am looking to avoid using knots if I can.

for me it's easier especially when it comes to breaking down camp. I always struggled a little bit to get the zing-it out of the wasp and the hook. the little toggle is easier to adjust when you need to move it down the line.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The toggles are super easy. I swapped Autumn's system onto to my main tarp a few weeks ago. Will likely just leave it there. My other two have Dutch's with the Nama Claws. They were easy to add on. After cutting Dutch's, I left the end as it was since the wasp doesn't move on its own. If I had to choose a system I am unsure which I would pick. They are that similar.

Hammock
    WB ELDORADO
    Tarp
    HG WinterPlace
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix /Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I used the same system. I made 2 continuous loops about 3 inches long to attach the Nama claws to my d rings on the tarp. I found the short loops keeps the tarp closer to the CRL. I just like it closer. I used Zing-it to make the loops. So far I like the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    While I do love the lightness of Dutch's hardware, those Dutch hooks are a pain to get the line into or out of when you're fingers are a bit numb/raw after scrambling over rocks for an hour. I just ordered one of those continuous ridgeline setups with the double toggles since it does look like it'll be easier for my fat, tired fingers to work with. Anyone know where I can order just the toggles? It looks like they'd be super helpful for a lot of other projects. I'm sure I could Google it, but I'm being lazy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    While I do love the lightness of Dutch's hardware, those Dutch hooks are a pain to get the line into or out of when you're fingers are a bit numb/raw after scrambling over rocks for an hour. I just ordered one of those continuous ridgeline setups with the double toggles since it does look like it'll be easier for my fat, tired fingers to work with. Anyone know where I can order just the toggles? It looks like they'd be super helpful for a lot of other projects. I'm sure I could Google it, but I'm being lazy.
    Darn right you're being lazy!

Dutchware started carrying them not long ago. You can also buy them from UGQ or MilSpecMonkey.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/tactical-toggle/

https://ugqoutdoor.com/product/diy/toggles/

https://milspecmonkey.com/store/hard...ggle&results=2

Pretty much the same cost per piece from all 3. Shipping costs may vary.

Images
    If you decide to buy them from Dutchware, I suggest getting an equal quantity of these gizmos.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/easy-grip-cord-end/

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    If you decide to buy them from Dutchware, I suggest getting an equal quantity of these gizmos.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/easy-grip-cord-end/
    Thanks...main reason I didn't just go Google it is that I'm a work. But, I found myself waiting for a huge file copy to finish and with nothing else to do, popped over to Dutch's site. Grabbed a few of those, plus the cord grips. And an IMUSA pot (been on my wish list for a while). And a pack cover kit. Now I need to work through lunch to make up the time...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    Thanks...main reason I didn't just go Google it is that I'm a work. But, I found myself waiting for a huge file copy to finish and with nothing else to do, popped over to Dutch's site. Grabbed a few of those, plus the cord grips. And an IMUSA pot (been on my wish list for a while). And a pack cover kit. Now I need to work through lunch to make up the time...
    Good call on not paying $5 or whatever in shipping for just a buck worth of plastic.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I made a nice ridge line for my tarp with 2.2mm Zing-it,a Nite-Ize dog bone for the tail end,three prussic loops,and a Namagear Claw for the mechanical advantage to tighten the line.The tarp has Dutch hooks on Zing it larked to the D rings of the tarp and attached to two of the prussic loops.The third prussic loop is for the Nama Claw.Note,don't be stingy with the length of the ridge line,40 feet is not really excessive if you want a nice "V" to run the hammock suspension through.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast