Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have the HG cuben fiber tarp sleeves - love them. They dry quickly so I'm not sure why HG discontinued them.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Trail Lair/Sparrow
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Hey Joe-Willy: I keep my tarp on a CRL, I just fold in half then keep folding at around 12 inch intervals, wrap the RL around the tarp and Iím done. Easily slips in the back mesh pocket of my Arc Blast. Here is a pic of my Zpacks tarp with doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's it Rex Clifton, maybe I'll try CR next weekend. (Nameth was actually a joke trailname, I need to change that,)

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF Stnd + WP
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    One of the cottage gear vendors, I think it’s Simply Light Designs, makes skins in wide sizes. That being said, I have a Mountaingoat one piece 11 ft sleeve, (no pockets), for my Zpacks CF tarp with doors and it has plenty of room. Whatever you do, don’t get the Hammock Gear mesh skins. I have one for my 12 ft standard CF tarp without doors and it’s really tight. No way you’ll get a palace in there.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    If the mesh sleeve is the same size as the DCF version, the Palace fits just fine. Even if it's the mesh sleeve is a bit smaller I would expect the Palace to fit.. My Palace fits in both the single and two piece DCF skins and I would think 0.67 mesh has a bit more accommodating give than DCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Billcole View Post
    Well crap, I ordered the HG mesh skins earlier.
    As did I.. not a big deal.. It's worth it just to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I have the HG cuben fiber tarp sleeves - love them. They dry quickly so I'm not sure why HG discontinued them.
    Clearly stated above. I spoke with HG on more than one occasion and was told....

"Good afternoon Michael,Inability to dry efficiently is one of the main reasons we moved away from the DCF sleeves. They basically create a waterproof skin and the tarp can never dry out adequately, while on the trail or at home. I would recommend the Mesh Sleeve. Those work so much better, in our opinion, than a SilNylon or DCF sleeve. Stuff sacks are ok, but over time, repeated stuffing of a DCF tarp into a stuff sack can cause the Dyneema fibers to delaminate from the Mylar layer. We use 0.67 noseeum mesh for those. "

You wonder why I love to sleep alone, in the woods, in a hammock.. I wonder why you don't...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    If the mesh sleeve is the same size as the DCF version, the Palace fits just fine. Even if it's the mesh sleeve is a bit smaller I would expect the Palace to fit.. My Palace fits in both the single and two piece DCF skins and I would think 0.67 mesh has a bit more accommodating give than DCF.
    If the HG mesh sleeve doesn't fit well with their Dyneema Palace (which would surprise me), then I have other, smaller tarps I could use it with. Or chalk it up as a loss and pass it on to another forum member. In that case, the 12' Nano-See-Um wide model from SLD is only $25 or so to try again.

I received my single piece mesh sleeve today from HG. It does fit, but I agree it is tight. I will probably be putting it on my wife's Superfly and ordering a bigger one from somewhere else.

Hammock
    11' SLD Lair
    Tarp
    SLD and HG WP
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Images
    I leave for 3 day trip at 6am. My new SLD wide sleeve should be here by 9am((.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Billcole View Post
    I received my single piece mesh sleeve today from HG. It does fit, but I agree it is tight. I will probably be putting it on my wife's Superfly and ordering a bigger one from somewhere else.
    The same showed up in my mailbox today. I agree it looks like it would be a tight squeeze with the palace. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12