Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Fortress
    Insulation
    Too many to list
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    My 10yo sleeps in a clone every night for several years. I also keep one in the truck for picnics and parks.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 2019
    Tarp
    Draumr Tarp
    Insulation
    Amok LW air pad
    Just placed my order for one... first time I used Vipon, the code didn’t work right away, took a couple of tries but it was successful. The final price was $11.04 not sure why it changed from $10.99 but $.05 isn’t a big deal. This hammock is listed as a double @660lbs. Seems legit, looking forward to trying it out.
    AAF89577-5A86-48C8-BF9F-0A00B1B69E72.jpg

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Glad this was of use to you. Please post your thoughts if all of it is worth $11.05. See you are from Bakersfield. Back in 1991 I was over at LaMoore supporting squadrons VFA-125, VA-22 and VA-25 and also mapping battle damage sustained in Operation Desert Storm. Pretty cool for a kid just out of school.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Just what I need, another hammock - but I ordered one just to see what a cheapo knock off was like. Thanks for the heads up.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Images
    jeff-oh

I, too, am interested in having a complete system for less than $12.00 is phenomenal.

Found a video for anyone who might be interested.

EDIT:
    Received the Hammock, Bugnet, and Suspension today. Best value in my experience to date and I was born 7-years after WWII ended.

It is highly recommended as a first hammock for someone who is dipping their toes into the tapestries of hammock immersion - for 12-dollars

Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 05-25-2019 at 18:42.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 2019
    Tarp
    Draumr Tarp
    Insulation
    Amok LW air pad
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    Glad this was of use to you. Please post your thoughts if all of it is worth $11.05. See you are from Bakersfield. Back in 1991 I was over at LaMoore supporting squadrons VFA-125, VA-22 and VA-25 and also mapping battle damage sustained in Operation Desert Storm. Pretty cool for a kid just out of school.
    I sure will. It’ll be a true noob point of view o don’t expect much ... I have friends all around Lemoore, Hanford and Tulare. Never been to the base though. I did have a rescue class down south at Miramar while it was still Top Gun site... I’d heard that shortly after that, Top Gun was moved to Lemoore? Would have been around ‘91 I think...is that true?

Anyway back on topic, I just watched the video on this hammock (thanks Joe!) and it sure looks good to this unknowing beginner...I saw Shug put a mattress in one, I may try that to see if it helps me lay flatter on the diagonal. Being a double size should be plenty of room. I’ll keep you posted

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    It moved to Fallon NAS (Nevada) in 1996. I was only there the summer of 1991. Anyway, I have the hammock and bugnet packed for a trip it Kentucky's Red River Gorge for the weekend. Looking forward to that trip.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Thanks for that video - it will save on the learning curve.
    $11.04 and free 2 day shipping (AZ Prime) I feel it was a steal. It's due here 2moro.
    I have 3 quality Dutch hammocks with Fronkey bugnet and 2 quality Hennessy hammocks. I'll see how this compares.
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 2019
    Tarp
    Draumr Tarp
    Insulation
    Amok LW air pad
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Thanks for that video - it will save on the learning curve.
    $11.04 and free 2 day shipping (AZ Prime) I feel it was a steal. It's due here 2moro.
    I have 3 quality Dutch hammocks with Fronkey bugnet and 2 quality Hennessy hammocks. I'll see how this compares.
    I look forward to your comparison. I just received mine... ordered yesterday and I’m laying in it today...Amazing Amazon! Anyway, just like the video, it seems well built and very roomy... I can tell that it’s not the lightest and the suspension isn’t the sweetest but everything seems very adequate for this entry level hammock. For $11 I’m very happy with it...I’d be happy with it at twice that

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    First look: I received this yesterday and got to try it out for a half hour. I think it is a pretty good deal - each component (hammock, bugnet, suspension) worth the $11 price so a very fair price even at the standard price.
    Hammock:
    It is comfortable - just shy of 10 feet and the width allows you to lay flat. The material is fairly heavy duty - similar to my 1.6oz hammocks but a coarser material.
    The hammock is basically the standard width nylon (about 58") with 1 foot extensions sewed on each side - so about 82" wide. For 1 person that is a lot of extra material. To mitigate this I put the sewed on stuff sack over the side of my head so it would keep the extra material off my face/head and then the foot end wasn't an issue. So, comfortable, fairly lightweight, and worth the $11 by itself.
    I don't buy into any gathered end hammock being good for 2 person - just not my style. So bottom line this is bigger than needed, but still pretty nice and useable.
    The extra width makes the 30 degree hang angle less critical. I was able to lay flat at about 20 degree comfortable, then again at the standard 30 degree with about the same comfort.
    Bugnet:
    A lot coarser material than my Dutch Fronkey style bugnet, but the material is very tough. There was a thin foot long piece left over in the bag and I could not break it with my hands. I don't like zippers, but this one worked well - smooth. Well designed and worth the $11 by itself.
    Suspension:
    I'm an Amsteel/lashing person with small tree huggers - very light weight. The two 1" webbing straps and 2 steel biners in this kit weighed more than the hammock/bugnet combined. So it is easy to use, substantial, and will no doubt hold the rated 600 lbs but is very heavy.
    Stuff sacks:
    You get 3 stuff sacks - one for the entire kit and two sewed on (one for hammock, the other for the bugnet.
    My opinion is you want to put the bugnet/ridgeline on and leave it on all summer. It's a PIA to put on/take off the bugnet each time you use it. Based on this, the sewed on stuff sacks would not be used as intended. The sewed on stuff sack for the hammock is useful to store things and keep excess material off your face. The sewed on stuff sack for the bugnet seems a waste.

I did not put an UQ on it yet - maybe tonight if the T'storms stay away.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 05-26-2019 at 11:06.
    Own less, live more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast