Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images

Inexpensive hammock deal on Vipon. Good: 5-19-19 to 5-30-19

So this has been the best hammock deal available on Vipon in well over a year.
    210T Nylon ripstop hammock 118" long, Separate bug net, Nylon daisy chain suspension
    With the Vipon Coupon: $10.99

I picked this deal up last year at $18.00 just for the bug net. It is a decent set up that can get anyone started without breaking the bank.

For those unfamiliar with Vipon, Sellers will provide a coupon for a 50%+ discount on the Amazon list price. You cut and paste the coupon code into the appropriate area at checkout for the discount.

I am sure the ney sayers will post negatively about this and how you only get quality with one of the small cottage industry manufacturers. But, for anyone who wants to try out hammocking, have a inexpensive setup for a friend along or just wants a lounger for the back yard check it out. These hammocks are similar to the ENO, Grand Trunk and other industrial hammocks.

I hope this is of value to someone.

https://www.vipon.com/product/6342606
    https://www.amazon.com/ARAER-Capacit.../dp/B078YQLYSD
    Last edited by jeff-oh; 05-20-2019 at 07:13.

Blasphemy my man, blasphemy.

Images
    Cheap hammocks have their place. Whenever I go to an outdoor party, I bring along a cheap Eno clone and a pair of daisy chains. I set it up and let my friends' kids monkey around in it to their hearts' content. No worries about them taking their shoes off, etc. They universally love swinging around in it. Worth every penny.

Why do makers of these cheaper hammocks with 3 panels of fabric always feel the need to make the outer panels different colors than the middle?

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Just a heads up. The nylon straps may stretch a bit. Other than that, I can say I would buy this!

tongue in cheek of course

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The first link does not work.

IMO that is a cheap hammock and by that I mean cheap. Looks like an ENO clone all the way. You will find that the bug net is a very tight fit and will make it very hard to attach an UQ to the hammock once the bug net is deployed. Plus once you do get a UQ attached you will find it very hard to adjust the UQ because you can not access the shock cords at the end of the UQ ( my son has this set up and I set it up for him so I know ). Also the bug net was too tight for him to fully lay in the hammock side to side to obtain that flat lay one wants. In addition, since the bug net was such a tight fit, parts of the bug net came in contact with his body and he was eaten alive by the skeeeters.

Save up your money and get a better set up.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Only 1 Amazon review? Doesn't appear to be flying of the shelves and there's a bunch of similar hammocks around the same price point. I always find that "buy once, cry once" goes a long way when building out my gear.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 30
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Those are generally too short, poorly constructed and come with crappy cordage, carabiners & straps. Not such a bargain when you get done replacing all that.
    That being said, they would be great for someone who want's to see if they would like to get into hammock camping without spending a ton of money, or maybe get them for a few kids for summertime back yard camping.
    I definitely would not trust them on a hiking trip, or anywhere that you cant go indoors if (when) something fails.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I always like going SOBO; somehow, it feels like going downhill.

...and as it harm none, do what ye will.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBeard13 View Post
    Those are generally too short, poorly constructed and come with crappy cordage, carabiners & straps. Not such a bargain when you get done replacing all that.
    That being said, they would be great for someone who want's to see if they would like to get into hammock camping without spending a ton of money, or maybe get them for a few kids for summertime back yard camping.
    I definitely would not trust them on a hiking trip, or anywhere that you cant go indoors if (when) something fails.
    I am sorry you do not feel you can trust these hammocks. I have more faith in them than my Hexon hammock. Been using it for many years and over 50 night where you can't go indoors. I have replaced the suspension for a lighter weight Hummingbird style, but keep the daisy chain for car camping.

This post was to provide information on a bargain deal for a decent hammock system. It was not meant to to try to convince anyone to give up their Blackbird or Chameleon or whatever. But if someone does not have $200+ available for a cottage industry camping hammock system then for under $11.00 they can get out and camp or introduce a friend to hammock camping. Or, just to have one for the car, camper or around the house for friends or kids.
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 05-22-2019 at 06:42.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    People,

Please get back to discussion of the hammock. No matter if your thoughts are good, bad, or indifferent. Stop attacking each other because you disagree. Name calling will not be permitted and any post doing so has been removed. If you don't like a cheap hammock set up it is fine to say why you don't like it and would not purchase it but it is not ok to attack the individual posting the idea.

If your post has been removed it is because you stepped over the line or your post served no purpose beyond stirring the pot.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast