WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc

A view of Katahdin...

Spent the weekend volunteering at the Girl Scout camp up at the entrance to Baxter State Park. It's the most beautiful summer camp location on the planet I think! We had our three hammocks, our guest hammock, and two other hammocks with our 11' tarps over them set up. Great sleep had by all, everyone stayed warm and dry, and we even had a rainbow unicorn running around the site! No pictures of that hilarity, as well, you know how hard it is to get a picture of one of those! If you look behind the three girls in the picture you will notice two loons swimming behind them! And ArtGirl42/Sammy being a ham with a bottle of honey.

Sites raked out, new dock system installed, stayed warm in between but a roaring fire, stacked firewood, put canoes in there summer location, sharpened axes and knives, cleaned, cleaned some more, restored an old canoe from the 40's, etc etc. We are tired!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Thanks for those great photos of your family at Katahdin. I spent many summers at Baxtah State Paaaak. Many fond memories of that mountain, and some scary stories as well, such as semi-successfully making a summit of Baxter Peak with a start time of after 12 noon! Yes, I did not make it down before nightfall and back in the day before the miner headlamps of today. I cowboy camped on the Dudley Trail just at the timberline until day break...not a fun time! I booked a luxury suite at the Lord Camden Inn in Camden Maine to recuperate from the camping!!! Great photos, great memories.. Still one of my favorite places in the world. Gotta respect the mountain though and know not to overestimate your hiking abilities, as I did!!
    Last edited by Tyroler Holzhacker; 05-20-2019 at 11:43.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Thanks for those great photos of your family at Katahdin. I spent many summers at Baxtah State Paaaak. Many fond memories of that mountain, and some scary stories as well, such as semi-successfully making a summit of Baxter Peak with a start time of after 12 noon! Yes, I did not make it down before nightfall and back in the day before the miner headlamps of today. I cowboy camped on the Dudley Trail just at the timberline until day break...not a fun time! I booked a luxury suite at the Lord Camden Inn in Camden Maine to recuperate from the camping!!! Great photos, great memories.. Still one of my favorite places in the owrld. Gotta respect the mountain though and know not to overestimate your hiking abilities, as I did!!
    Yup, that's a big mountain for sure! Middle of May and still snow aplenty. Even down where we were it was cold at night and weather was all over the place this weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Yup, that's a big mountain for sure! Middle of May and still snow aplenty!
    Keep in mind, western Maine got a few inches of snow either last week or the week before. I don't think Baxter got any, but it's still cool enough up there for some of the white stuff to fall.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Beautiful pictures! Seems like a very rewarding time for yourself and the girls. I gotta tell you, I am continually impressed with the Girl Scouts, both the individuals and the organization. Nothing against the Boy Scouts, but at least in my area, the Girl Scouts kick the Boy Scouts butts in volunteering, community action, etc.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Fortress
    Insulation
    Too many to list
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    As a father of a girl scout I got to go on a "Dads Cook" weekend as a volunteer in the kitchen. Had a blast with my daughter and her friends. Been to BSA campouts many a nights its what got me into the hammock camping.

• + New Posts