Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images

Hexon 2.4

So, anyone else get one of Dutch's hammocks on this?

I am 6' 185lbs, but decided to try one. It is amazingly comfy for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my netless 1.6, but dang, it is sooooooo comfy!!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I got one when he first began offering Hexon. I needed something to throw up in the backyard when the kids, the wife and the dog would all be eager to jump into the hammock with me. It isn't the hammock I reach for first but, it is pretty comfortable given its 400 pound capacity.

It is nice to have as a loaner. I doubt it will get accidentally damaged with normal, even careless use.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    As a shorter, nearly-300# jarhead who flops around a lot when he sleeps, these are the questions which have (thankfully?) kept me from buying a good GE hammock so far. I wonder which would be more comfortable; a heavier fabric single-layer or a double-layer with the standard 1.6outer/1.1inner, which also allows me to easily add a thin pad to my cold weather load-out... It really makes me want to call PapaSmurf and see if I could drive over to he and D's shop one afternoon to hang in a bunch of different configurations (if they would even have them around to try). Until I can finally make it to a well attended HF hang and see other folks' setups, I can't bring myself to spend over $300 on the hammock I think I want. GAH!
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    As a shorter, nearly-300# jarhead who flops around a lot when he sleeps, these are the questions which have (thankfully?) kept me from buying a good GE hammock so far. I wonder which would be more comfortable; a heavier fabric single-layer or a double-layer with the standard 1.6outer/1.1inner, which also allows me to easily add a thin pad to my cold weather load-out... It really makes me want to call PapaSmurf and see if I could drive over to he and D's shop one afternoon to hang in a bunch of different configurations (if they would even have them around to try). Until I can finally make it to a well attended HF hang and see other folks' setups, I can't bring myself to spend over $300 on the hammock I think I want. GAH!
    I tip the scales around 260. My preferred hammock choice is the (no longer available) Wilderness Logics LiteOwl, Double layer 1.1. When an intergrated bug net is necessary, I choose my Warbonnet Blackbird, double layer 1.1. I also have a single layer 1.7 Blackbird and a few different single-layer Dutchware netless hammocks of various 1.6 oz fabrics in addition to the 2.4 oz single-layer Hexon.

I like the feel of the lighter weight fabrics from both at textural and support perpective. The 1.1 oz fabrics are smooth and silky. They also have the right anount of give, or stretch to maximize comfort. The heavier fabrics feel firm even hard to me after a full night. The lighter fabrics are also more compact in my pack. My LiteOwl in much smaller that the Hexon 2.4 despite double layers and considerably more stitching.

Perhaps you should consider trying a few simple gathered-end hammocks in the $40-50 to get a feel for wich fabrics you prefer before investing over $300.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    I tip the scales around 260. My preferred hammock choice is the (no longer available) Wilderness Logics LiteOwl, Double layer 1.1. When an intergrated bug net is necessary, I choose my Warbonnet Blackbird, double layer 1.1. I also have a single layer 1.7 Blackbird and a few different single-layer Dutchware netless hammocks of various 1.6 oz fabrics in addition to the 2.4 oz single-layer Hexon.

I like the feel of the lighter weight fabrics from both at textural and support perpective. The 1.1 oz fabrics are smooth and silky. They also have the right anount of give, or stretch to maximize comfort. The heavier fabrics feel firm even hard to me after a full night. The lighter fabrics are also more compact in my pack. My LiteOwl in much smaller that the Hexon 2.4 despite double layers and considerably more stitching.

Perhaps you should consider trying a few simple gathered-end hammocks in the $40-50 to get a feel for wich fabrics you prefer before investing over $300.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.
    This sums it up completely.

Fabric is such a personal thing, you really do need to try before you buy.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    [QUOTE=Grunt;1970380]As a shorter, nearly-300# jarhead who flops around a lot when he sleeps, these are the questions which have (thankfully?) kept me from buying a good GE hammock so far. I wonder which would be more comfortable; a heavier fabric single-layer or a double-layer with the standard 1.6outer/1.1inner, which also allows me to easily add a thin pad to my cold weather load-out... It really makes me want to call PapaSmurf and see if I could drive over to he and D's shop one afternoon to hang in a bunch of different configurations (if they would even have them around to try). Until I can finally make it to a well attended HF hang and see other folks' setups, I can't bring myself to spend over $300 on the hammock I think I want. GAH! [/Q.com/product/wide-netless-hexon-17/UOTE]

If you want to try a Hexon dutch has the Hexon 1.7 at a bargain price of $30.00. https://dutchware gear Hexon 1.7. It will hold you just fine.

On the other point. I totally get what you mean about spending big bucks when you already have something that works just fine. In my case it is a Ripstop Nylon hammock and tarp that I was able to get for under $10.00 total for both... and I got back ups. Though I did get the Dutchwear Hammock above, too.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I still love this fabric. Lounging after mowing the grass = heavenly

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Ooh-rah. That's some nice digs, Goalie. ��
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Ooh-rah. That's some nice digs, Goalie. ��
    And I even did my PFT 3-mile run in the morning. Granted, it was 9 min/miles, not my active duty sub-6's.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    My 2.4 Poppy Red is hanging in the yard right now! Luv the feel...
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast