Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member bigdisgrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Posts
    75

    Superior Hiking Trail

    Anyone know if there are bear boxes at the campsite along the SHT?

  2. #2
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    20,519
    Images
    62
    There are not. You will need to hang your food or use a Ursack.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    441
    Bears are out there, but they’re Minnesota nice. The raccoons are not, (probably from back East), so you still need to hang your food.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #4
    Member goalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6 single layer wide
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 9
    Insulation
    Cayene Pepper Wide
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopies
    Posts
    81
    Images
    2
    I had a black bear go after my hanging food one night up by Gooseberry.

    They might be nice, but they get hungry

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

  5. #5
    Member bigdisgrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    There are not. You will need to hang your food or use a Ursack.
    Shug
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Bears are out there, but they’re Minnesota nice. The raccoons are not, (probably from back East), so you still need to hang your food.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    I had a black bear go after my hanging food one night up by Gooseberry.

    They might be nice, but they get hungry

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It'll be my first time hiking in legit bear country and never actually PCT hanged anything. I've always used a Ratsack just tied around the trunk . I'll be switching that out for an Ursack.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2018, 18:04
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 12:43
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 18:34
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 08:31
  5. Superior Hiking Trail 5/26 - 5/28
    By pizza in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 06:28

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •