DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlax4 View Post
    Again, i am aware that Katabatic uses a pad attachment system, but this is different than the shockcord side system. Please send/post a link if I am missing it. thx.

https://katabaticgear.com/shop/palisade-sleeping-bag/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Countrybois; 06-04-2019 at 22:03.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HGUQ 10 | WBDB 20
    Suspension
    Marlin Sp. Whpies
    I had been on the fence on getting a TQ for a long time, comparing manufacturers and just waiting until the right time, mostly because I couldn't afford one. When I saw the sale I was sold, 25% is higher than anything I've ever seen on a cottage site! I put in for a 20F Long, 60" w/ 2oz overstuff. Outer is the 15D Dark Foliage, inner 15D Autumn Orange, I'm really hoping it looks as burnt and unsaturated as the previews show on the site. Either way I'm extremely excited, but hearing all about those shock cord sides and how great they are, I'm kinda regretting not throwing them in there. I didn't want to feel the cord throughout the night, sounded like it'd be kind of annoying having a little worm in your back, hahaha. Zip up footbox as well since I sleep pretty hot and like to poke my feet out.

I also grabbed a few other deals on the site while I was there, got a 30D Thunderfly coming along with some WB swag, shirt, etc. I'm really crossing my fingers they make that 4 week mark, it would arrive just in time for my birthday

Thanks for the vids Shug, you're making that thing look real cozy.

Images
    Bartlax4,

For the record, I never claimed or implied anywhere that we were the first to come up with the idea of putting elastic shockcord on the long sides of a quilt or that it was even our origional idea at all...FWIW I may actually have been the first one to do that...when I put shockcord on the long sides of my Yeti UQ over 10 years ago I was the first (as far as I know) to put elastic of any kind on the long sides of a quilt.

As far as being first to put elastic on the sides of a Topquilt in order to keep it tucked...I think that first belongs to Katabatic and they have been using elastic binding for several years in that application. I thought Nunatak was the first to substitute in elastic shockcord in place of elastic binding for that...but I do see on their website more recently where they give you credit for it.

Did you give credit to Katabatic anywhere?... for the idea to put elastic on the side of your topquilt to keep it tucked? The way I see it Katabatic came up with the idea for using elastic in that spot for that reason while all you did was swap one type of elastic for another (in the same spot to do the same thing). So IMO if somebody is due some credit for this unique "concept" it is Katabatic not you, no offense. If you were really concerned about letting vendors have their own unique design attributes then why did you adopt Katabatic’ unique concept in the first place? Swapping from flat to round elastic was literally the least you could have done without copying it outright.

Be it good or bad, publicly giving another company credit for an idea does sometimes happen but it is the exception not the rule. Looking at Topquilt vendors alone, you have at least 4 companies using UGQ's very unique and original baffle pattern, and 2 or 3 companies have a very similar built-in, disappearing draft collar. Both those are pretty unique (and complex) concepts and nobody gives credit to the inventor that I can see. Everybody has a drawstring footbox option, something pioneered by JRB as far as I know... for which nobody gives them any credit and they never made a fuss about other companies adopting it . So I really don't feel the need to point out the origional inventor for each design aspect I decide to implement when almost nobody else does that. I will certainly admit the shockcord on the sides of the TQ is a great feature, it works great and is one of those "why didn't I think of that" ideas that I think will stick around for the long haul and you should be proud of that.
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 06-12-2019 at 11:24.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Super/Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Apex/Down/UP
    Suspension
    Whoopies Baby
    Well.... Now I want my new Diamondback TQ even worse! Soooo..... I await...…

Please, please, please.....No more thread Hijackin'.... I like this place so far. Start yer own thread.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Super/Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Apex/Down/UP
    Suspension
    Whoopies Baby
    You may still have time to contact them and add the side elastics.....

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Super/Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Apex/Down/UP
    Suspension
    Whoopies Baby
    I ordered my TQ when the sale hit and was informed that it should be shipping by the end of next week for anyone in the same position.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiogatires View Post
    I ordered my TQ when the sale hit and was informed that it should be shipping by the end of next week for anyone in the same position.
    Good to know☺️
    I have a 0* on order .😜

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Just got my second Diamondback quilt. Very nice piece of work. I seriously think these quilts are under rated.
    Very happy with them

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post
    Just got my second Diamondback quilt. Very nice piece of work. I seriously think these quilts are under rated.
    Very happy with them
    Photos would really add to this post.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    Photos would really add to this post.

You can see the detail of mine in this video at 20:33 into the video below.
    It is super nice.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast