Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Here it is. Gray 20d outer and black 10d inner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    IMG_4992.jpg Just got mine in. I can't wait to try it out. Top quality. Thank you Warbonnet!

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    Sorry. I'm new to this forum and don't know how to post the pics properly

Glamping.

Welcome. Beautiful Quilt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by falingsky View Post
    I have a 0 degree that I got last fall. Orange on the outside and black inside I think in 15d. Great quality quilt and was nice and toasty on a short snow shoe trip over the winter. I ordered a regular wide with sleep pad kit. I dint check when I got it and the width measured about 57-58 inches not the 60 and did not receive the sleep pad attachments, quilt only had the attachments sewn in. The back sinch would have been nice to get as an after thought. Overall I do like it as it keeps me nice and warm and the quality is high.
    The Diamondback is cut with a compound taper, which means that unlike every other quilt the head end of the Diamondback is not the widest part. The widest part is the peak of the curve which is in your lower ribcage and hip area (where you need it most). In that spot it is actually 1" wider than the advertised width, with a slight taper from that point toward the head and foot ends. The head end of the quilt is 5" narrower than the advertised width...So the 55" diamondback is 50" at the head end and 56" at the widest point.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC & Darien
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF
    Images
    Thanks for the explanation and I had not realized that. Makes me feel much better about it. I also do have to say the quality is high and I added on the EE clips to be able to utilize the EE pad straps if I go to a pad as required when I have the AT thru the Great Smokey Mountain Nation Park.

Hammock
    bit.ly/2m61xEz
    Tarp
    bit.ly/2mZLRIw
    Insulation
    bit.ly/2pZjkEn
    Suspension
    bit.ly/2LY6heV
    Quote Originally Posted by falingsky View Post
    Thanks for the explanation and I had not realized that. Makes me feel much better about it. I also do have to say the quality is high and I added on the EE clips to be able to utilize the EE pad straps if I go to a pad as required when I have the AT thru the Great Smokey Mountain Nation Park.
    FWIW, I prefer WB's pad attachment system, which is just grosgrain loops on the edges of the quilt, which are coupled to plastic toggles on a a loop of cord that goes around the pad. It's simpler -- the EE straps are easy to put on the pad "backwards", mismatching the male/female clips -- and feels more durable than the elastic straps and buckles on the EE pad attachment kit. It also feels lighter, though that may just be wishful thinking (I haven't weighed either yet).

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    I saw that already, and it looks good! I'd like to see other colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    If you're still interested in other colors... there's several of mine - Fern Green Outside / Burnt Orange inside in This Thread <<<

and.. direct from Warbonnet -- Gallery <<

Love it so far !!!

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    So does anyone have a picture, video or instructions on how to use the WB's attatchment cords to the DB quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Glampingman View Post
    So does anyone have a picture, video or instructions on how to use the WB's attatchment cords to the DB quilt?
    Do you mean the pad attachments?

If so, I don't, but it's pretty straight forward and more than one way to do it, I'm sure. How I did it...

Wrapped the loops around the pad with the toggles on the top and one to each edge of the pad. Tightend the loops (leaving the cord lock accessible on one side of the pad), but left them a bit slack so as not to get undue cord pressure cutting into the pad as I moved about. I have side elastics on my DB so I took all of the "cinch" out of them, then attched the toggles to the grosgrain loops.

Slipped into my DB, then starting with the lowers, and gripping the grosgrain and toggles together... slid the toggles inward and under me just a bit to "tuck" in the sides of my DB.

I figured the point is to be just an "assist" to keep me well on my pad and tucked in all cozy, but not really intended to "hog-tie" me, my pad or my DB to each other.

It seems like if you were to really cinch up the attachment kit it "could" put undue stresses somewhere or other that you really don't want. The system is "tensioned" but not "locked in" though. Any real stress and the toggles and cordage is going to shift as needed before any real "stress" is applied to any given point. The tightness of the loops itself being a factor, which is why I opted to go "light".

I "guess" it worked. Can't be absolutley sure though... I was asleep. Stayed cozy all night, didn't notice any restriction or resistance and woke up square on my pad so... for what it's worth... 5 bucks well spent, IMHO!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast