Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

TX > Fairfield Lake State Park>November 7-10, 2019 - 11th Annual Texas Fall Group

Here in Texas, it’s time to start looking forward to cooler weather. For some of us, that means campfires and a group hang.

If the second weekend in November and a Texas Group Hang isn’t on your fall list of things to do yet, now’s the time to add it.

Mark November 7 -10, 2019 on your calendar for the 11th Annual Texas Fall Hammock Hang at Fairfield Lake State Park. #TFH2019
    To Officially Sign Up - Please Add your info on the Planning Spreadsheet found here

It’s a great time to renew friendships, make new ones, and play with gear, so don’t miss out.

For our 11th year of this annual event, we're sticking with tradition. That means, we'll meet the weekend of the second Saturday in November at Fairfield Lake State Park once again!

What started with a handful of folks from South/Central Texas in early 2009 has grown well past the century mark with past participants from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, and places forgotten or unknown.

This is a car camping event for those who like to bring everything; (the location has showers and porcelain facilities for those who won’t leave home without them); day hikes for those so inclined; lake paddling; fishing; pot luck dinners; Dutch oven cooking; DIY play time; lots of show and tell along with a little gear trading; group buys; stove tests; drawings for prizes, and some wonderful campfire fellowship.

If you have not been to this event before, don’t worry; details and FAQs are posted and should be a help. Please take a few moments and scroll through some of the past year’s planning posts and trip reports. That will help answer questions you may have and maybe create some that can be addressed on this thread in the weeks to come. Again, so we’re all on the same page, if you haven’t been to this event before, (or if you’ve been to every one since we started), please take a few minutes to read through the FAQ list as it addresses much of what folks have asked about over the last eleven years that we've been doing this.

Frequently Asked Questions and more can be found here.

In some years, this planning thread has become a multipage read where some of the details are lost in the conversations. To keep the conversations going, yet simplify the scrolling, the FAQs and all the details needed are posted in the Google Doc linked above for everyone’s review.

The planning spreadsheet is the official, "I'm coming, I have reserved a site and I'll see you there list", so fill that in as appropriate, save the date, and check out the info in the FAQs.

We look forward to hanging with you this fall! In the meantime; read, sign up, reserve a spot, ask questions, pray for rain and dream about cold fronts.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Suspension
    Straps
    My family and I are looking forward to our first Fall Hang! I'm sure that we will be learning a lot, making new friends and having fun!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilEagle View Post
    My family and I are looking forward to our first Fall Hang! I'm sure that we will be learning a lot, making new friends and having fun!
    Glad y'all can join us! If you haven't done so, please add yourself to the planning spreadsheet. Hopefully the FAQs will be of help and if you have more questions you don't see answered there, don't be shy about asking.

If you're interested in one of the campsites in the reserved block, be sure to add your name, message me, and shoot a Paypal payment as soon as you can as those 3 things have to happen to nail down a spot. They're first come, first reserved. Also there's the TPWD reservation system one can use as well.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I'm getting the other hip replaced next week. I plan to be there, but may not be hanging. The coffee table will be manned (womanned!) by my co-conspirators.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I'm getting the other hip replaced next week. I plan to be there, but may not be hanging. The coffee table will be manned (womanned!) by my co-conspirators.
    While you are in our prayers for a successful surgery with a rapid recovery and minimal discomfort, there are sighs of relief throughout the region with the knowledge that THERE WILL BE COFFEE.

We love you, buddy.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Oldgringo, one of my favorite Old Pros and hippest quipster this side of coffee in the hammock. You are among friends wherever you are

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Thanks, PG. You're too kind.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    At about 2 1/2 months out, it may be time for an update.

To date, all of the 62 sites in the Cooks Ferry Loop, our main camping area, are spoken for and some sites are already booked by hammock folk in both of the adjacent camping areas, Springfield and Post Oak. There are still sites available in those adjacent areas and to book those one simply needs to go directly through the TPWD reservation system.

While it's still early and just an estimate, we have over 160 hangers accounted for on the planning sign up sheet.

Also, our annual Texas feast or famine on rain has us in the famine end of the spectrum and the area is under a burn ban so it's time to begin those rain dances or prayers for rain, whichever practice best suits one.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Soggy in Indian Territory....maybe it will run downhill to The Republic.
    Dave

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Soggy in Indian Territory....maybe it will run downhill to The Republic.
    Thanks buddy! We've got the humidity, now we just need to get it together into the drippy stuff instead of that steamy, chewable air.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast