Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

WI > Kickapoo Valley Challenge > Wildcat Mountain S.P. > Memorial Day Weekend 2019 > Trip Report

Link to original thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...y-Weekend-2019

We had 16 people total in attendance. The ground dwellers outnumbered the hammock campers this time, but that is to be expected when the event is run through meetup.com

Group site A at Wildcat Mountain is one of the top group sites for hammocks I have found so far. A plethora of trees galore! And the site backed up to an equestrian trail so watching the horses walk through was amazing.

I got to test out my new Luci String Lights and found the glow under my Purple Haze tarp pretty.

We paddled down the Kickapoo River. Some rented kayaks through Drifty's Rental. Good place. The weather was the best day of the year (so far) and the views were gorgeous.

Breakfast and lunches were on your own and we had two group dinners. Half the people assigned to each potluck meal.

Swung & Canoeski demonstrated the new AMOK sleep system.

On Sunday, we hiked up the Hemlock Trail to Mt. Pisgah. Elevation change of 365 feet.

We got lucky on the weather and avoided really heavy thunderstorms and a tornado on Friday night.
    Friday: 68° / 49°
    Saturday: 76°/ 56°
    Sunday: 72°/50°
    Monday: People left pretty early to avoid the coming rain

Our Monday plans to bike the Elroy/Sparta trail were foiled by the rain.

Many thanks to Swung for picking up the wood at John's Welding LLC in Tomah. Good deal on wood rather than buying from the campground.

Good group of people, Good weather (for the most part), Great food, wonderful paddling, and exhausting hiking.

◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Tarp
    Outdoor Skye 10x10
    Insulation
    JC Penny Throws
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps
    Looks and sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing!!

• + New Posts