Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Duster
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Fathers Day is coming up and I know my family would love to make me happy with one of these new ultralight suspension systems. Take my money and lead me further down the gram weenie path.
    Dave! I am going to add a Build A Suspension section to the website.

    I will post here when I am finished up.

    In the meantime please message me through my website and I will get you all setup.
    My name is Anne Marie and I make things.
    www.autumnultralight.com

  2. #32
    MikekiM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    East of Montauk, NY
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF Stnd + WP
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Posts
    3,041
    Images
    21
    Very similar to the system I used for two seasons... though mine was not nearly as bright as yours!!


    I use the button knot connection point on all of my hammocks and tarp connections.. completely modular, no muss or fuss, no hardware to jam or stick to cold wet fingers.

    I have since ditched using ucrs, but I did just do an overnighter with the system you made for me and love it. 1.9 Kevlar straps with NE Ropes Endura 12 button knots for hammock connection.
    _______________________________________
    The difficulty of finding any given trail marker is directly proportional to the importance of the consequences of failing to find it.

    You wonder why I love to sleep alone, in the woods, in a hammock.. I wonder why you don't...

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Duster
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Very similar to the system I used for two seasons... though mine was not nearly as bright as yours!!


    I use the button knot connection point on all of my hammocks and tarp connections.. completely modular, no muss or fuss, no hardware to jam or stick to cold wet fingers.

    I have since ditched using ucrs, but I did just do an overnighter with the system you made for me and love it. 1.9 Kevlar straps with NE Ropes Endura 12 button knots for hammock connection.
    I'm glad you are happy with the setup! Please post up some photos when you're able.

    Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
    My name is Anne Marie and I make things.
    www.autumnultralight.com

  4. #34
    michigandave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Hammock
    SLD Voyageur and Trail Lair
    Tarp
    4 SLD's and HG CF
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, EE
    Suspension
    straps - whoopies
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldautumndays View Post
    Dave! I am going to add a Build A Suspension section to the website.
    I will post here when I am finished up. In the meantime please message me through my website and I will get you all setup.
    I'm still figuring out what I want, but here's my question: I don't use continuous loops on my SLD Trail Lair and I just have a small loop on the end of my amsteel whoopies that I thread back through the end channel. My suspension always stays on the hammock. Any issue doing the same thing with the UCR and Spectra? I'd use the other (tree) end with a small loop/aluminum toggle and marlinspike with the kevlar webbing.
    "Si Quæris Peninsulam Amœnam Circumspice"
    Michigandave Photo Albums on Flickr
    Trip Report: 2019 Green Timbers Hang
    Upcoming Michigan Hangs: 6th Annual Gluttony Hang near Gaylord, Michigan October 24-27, 2019 (new date)

  5. #35
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I'm still figuring out what I want, but here's my question: I don't use continuous loops on my SLD Trail Lair and I just have a small loop on the end of my amsteel whoopies that I thread back through the end channel. My suspension always stays on the hammock. Any issue doing the same thing with the UCR and Spectra? I'd use the other (tree) end with a small loop/aluminum toggle and marlinspike with the kevlar webbing.
    Yeah, there's no reason that would be a problem.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

    Similar Threads

    1. Introducing myself and a few of the items that I make. Autumn Ultralight
      By Coldautumndays in forum Other Vendors and Services
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: 06-11-2019, 06:03
    2. Replies: 7
      Last Post: 05-26-2019, 20:42
    3. *New* Loop Shackles from Autumn Ultralight
      By Coldautumndays in forum Other Vendors and Services
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-23-2019, 04:20
    4. Replies: 48
      Last Post: 09-09-2008, 08:01

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •