Everyday sleeping hammock, Colombian - which size? sources?

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a solid-cotton Colombian hammock for everynight sleeping ASAP.

The Background...
    I am 5'11" 200lbs; bad lower back, but now with a CSF leak that REQUIRES me to lay down perfectly Horizontally. Goodbye lazyboy chair.

The Questions...
    (1) Double or bigger Queen/King size?
    (2) Reading the thread on DIY Tensa4 portable hammock stand ( https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1829911 ) I saw that Latherdome is using a La Siesta Carolina Double-sized hammock, but I don't know his height & weight. I'm thinking I'd prefer the larger La Siesta Flora?
    (3) Does your blanket fall onto the floor -- I'm an active kicker so keeping the blanket on top of the hammock may be a problem?
    (4) If you're an Everynighter, please share what is working for you & along with your height...

P.S. <WHISPERING> Love my Sheltowee Boone Zip insulated hammock. Got it last summer - it allows me to camp again, despite bad back <HAPPYDANCE>. <WHISPERING AGAIN>I also have a Mayan Matrimonial since 2003 that is showing its age, is still great for indoor lounging, but is not good for sleeping because of my kicking/active feet.

Many thanks, Davy

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    As an everynighter (6'2" 215 lbs.) I use a cotton Brazillian 15 ft. by 6 ft wide. The bed portion is about 8 ft long with the rest of the length cotton strands. No ridgeline and I hang from a solid wood beam in the family room. Anchor points are 79" high and 151" apart. I use one of those Snugpak under blankets. They're big (83" by 58") and suited for wide hammocks. That extra 10 " width allows for a real nice flat diagonal without the UQ slipping off. During the day I take the head end off the hook and double it up on the foot end hook so its out of the way.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I’m 5’10” and 160lbs. I prefer the Carolina as big enough, but mainly because it is very heavy fabric that avoids rutting better than other cotton hammocks I’ve worn out since 2013 full time. Flora is comfy to start, but doesn’t hold up as well over the long haul as Carolina.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    I use a 14' Vivere Brazilian daily. It is easily had on Amazon for <$50 and i can say many good things about it. It's probably the only good hammock-related thing on Amazon.

Longer is more comfortable, but i dont find i benefit from more than standard 60" width.

Blankets do not fall out. In most gathered-end hammocks, things just fall into the middle.

I keep my camping quilts on the Brazilian when i'm not camping, so that keep it warm.

A Costco down blanket with a KAM-snapped footbox does really well indoors.

Jumbo knee pillow makes it extra comfy if you want that recliner feel.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    I use a 14' Vivere Brazilian daily. It is easily had on Amazon for <$50 and i can say many good things about it. It's probably the only good hammock-related thing on Amazon.
    I've got an 11 foot Vivere Brazilian in my sunroom that gets action almost every day. it's too short for a nightly hammock tho

Vivere seems to make very decent brazilian style hammocks, and you get a nice choice of fabrics too.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    At 5'4, I went from an ENO single to a big Vivere Brazilian. I love it! it's like going from a toddler bed to a king size. i use a very small camping pillow under my neck and a light quilt in the hammock. I live in Al and it's been pretty warm, even with AC. I put a sheet under me, just 'cause the nubby cotton is..., well, nubby.

Charlotte

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    I'm also an every-nighter with long-time spine injuries. I have several cotton hammocks for myself, family and guests. I love my Carolinas and bought another recently to keep in reserve as a guest hammock. I also have a 14 ft Vivere that has held up well for about 3 years so far, though I agree with Latherdome that its fabric isn't as dense as the Carolinas, and after many weekly washings (no dryer) the Vivere is just now starting to show a little wear. but so far the weave has no tears or broken threads or thin spots that I can detect. I bought both from Amazon. There, you could probably replace the Vivere about 3 tmes for the price of one Carolinas, so if you're on the fence, maybe try a Vivere first. If it works well for you, you can carry on with it and later up-scale to the better quality Carolinas, and keep the Vivere for a day lounger or for an overnight guest. I'm about 5'6" and for a sleeper I recommend the 14 or 15 ft length, not 11 ft except as a lounger in chair mode.

Many Great Thanks all for your replys...

I have gone with the La Siesta Carolina.
    It should be arriving in a week or two from amazon.ca

Now, I am thinking, possibly, of a DIY Tensa4 portable hammock stand of four lashed nine-foot (~4-inch to 2.5-in tapering) birch saplings?

{HappyDance}

• + New Posts