Quote Originally Posted by tessiea View Post
Just purchased a new Amok Draumr for my wife last week and set it up yesterday for a trial run. Setup was easy and once inside it is definitely comfortable but my issue is getting in and out. For me at 5’11” I found getting in and out difficult to do without the foot box dragging on the ground. For my wife at 5’2” it was almost impossible without me helping her which isn’t practical long term.

I’ve tried to find any reviews where someone mentions the same issues and have yet to find any negative comments (except weight) so thinking I must be doing something wrong. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just did a 8 night canoe trip with my Draumr XL, what works best for me I call the superman entrance. Stand on the side of the Draumr where the zipper starts/ends, unzip down to the foot box, while holding ridgeline I slide my left leg into footbox area but dont apply its weight, then I move my right hand from ridgeline to the middle strap, tuck my torso under the bugnet, use left hand to distribute some weight towards the head end and superman into the hammock, rolling from my left side to my back while holding the middle strap for stability and to help judge where my weight should go. Then reach down and pull zipper back up and over ridgeline.

To get out I sit up and shift myself over to the left as much as possible, swing both legs out at same time and stand up while holding the ridgeline.